Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Card Kit Swap Number Two


Today's card is another from the Card Kit Swap on the Paper Wishes Message Board.  This is the one made from items my swap partner sent to me. I wasn't smart enough to take pictures of the materials that came in the kit, but the list of items are: Focal image & sentiment from HOTP "Butterflies" stamp set (old one), stamped with StazOn Jet Black ink, Queen & Company Ribbon, 3 pieces of paper from the Double-sided Rhapsody paper pack from HOTP (2 that were 5" x 6.5", and one that was 5" x 5", and 12 red jewel Dazzles for embellishments.  

Since I decided not to use the ribbon for this project, and only used 1 piece of 6.5" x 5" paper and just a little of  a second one (none of the 5" x 5" at all), I have plenty of supplies left over for making another card!  

As I look at the card, I wish I had matted the black dotted paper with the red paper instead of just die cutting a couple of embellishments, but I can't do anything about that now!

Anyway, the rules were you could only add ink & shimmer (like Wink of Stella) to the supplies sent for your card.  

BUTTERFLY: Not having many standard alcohol ink pens, I used red & black Sharpies to color in my butterfly.  Then I went over the entire wings with Wink of Stella (which doesn't show up well in the picture. I then fussy cut around it, leaving a little white showing around the antennae so they would hold up better (and show better against the background!)

SENTIMENT: At first I thought about using a die to make the sentiment into a tag, but as I played around with the pieces, I realized I liked it as a stripe across the front of the card.  So, I cut it into a strip 2" by 4 5/8".

BACKGROUND: I didn't want to just cover up my dotted paper with the sentiment as I wanted some for the inside of my card, so, I cut 1" off the bottom to create my bottom strip, then 2" that I would use on the inside of the card.  I trimmed all pieces to 4 5/8" wide.  Saving the 2" strip for the inside of the card, I glued the remaining pieces in place on the front of the card and added the sentiment strip.

EMBELLISHMENTS: I realized I really wanted JUST black, red, and white on my card, and the Jewel Dazzles had a gold ring around them.  SO, I colored over it with my black Sharpie.  I cut two red decorative pieces from the red paper using a die from the Spellbinders Twisted Metal Tags & Accents die set.  You can see how I used these from the picture.

INSIDE: The inside is pretty simple - I cut my 2" strip into smaller ones for top & bottom & added the 2nd red embellishment I had die cut.






Here's another view of the finished card:




No comments: