Recently I shared how I made an ink pad storage box. However, I outgrew it when I got several more distress ink pads. I decided to make an ink pad holder specifically for Distress Inks and save the original box for the others. I created the distress ink storage the same way as the previous one EXCEPT -
- For each small "cubby" I used a piece of card stock that measures 6 5/8" x 4 3/4".
- Score each of the long edges at 7/8" from the edge.
- Score each of the other two edges at 2 7/8" from the edge.
- Continue as for the previous one to make cubbys & glue them together.
- Cut a leftover piece to 3/4" by 9 1/2".
- Score across this strip at 1 1/2", 4 1/4", 5 3/4" and 8 1/2", and creased each score line well.
- Glue the first 1 1/2" part of the strip to the outside of the 1" strip at the other end, forming the edges of a rectangle.
- This can then fit in the back of the slot so the mini's don't slide back too far.
Here's a picture of the shim before I added it to the slot: