Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Me and My House

This Bible journaling piece is fairly simple.  To read about it's inspiration, check Me and My House on my other blog.  I started by preparing the page with clear gesso (Art Basics) as usual.  The rest is just some lettering & a house illustration:

House Illustration:
  • Stamped using my navy Scroll & Brush marker to color the house stamp (from HOTP "Welcome Home stamp set.
  • Colored with gelatos - scribbled on my craft sheet, made into a "paint" & painted with a water brush.  The blue used 3 colors - one a shimmery one.  I also used the the dark yellow.

Words:
  • I created a mock-up on my computer using fonts I liked - then traced them using the fine tip of one side of the "scroll" part of the Navy Scroll & Brush Marker.
  • "Choose Today" words were colored in using gelatos as for the house illustration.
  • Reference & date added with a fine-point Sharpie.
The other thing I did - which you can't see in this picture - was to highlight the text itself using the same yellow gelato solution used on the house & "TODAY". 

No comments: