Here's another Bible Journaling page. This one uses Stampendous Pop-Up Kitties stamp set. Here's what I did:
- Applied 3 thin coats of clear gesso (Art Basics) to the page to prevent bleed-through.
- Stamped the kitty at the bottom using black VersaFine ink. I forgot to mask so the upper part of the kitten's body wouldn't show on the face, so I used a little heavy white gesso to cover the extra stamped lines that I didn't want.
- I printed the text onto a sheet of scrap paper and then copied it into my Bible using a light box (this thin one works marvelously for this) and a Zig marker with a fairly thick tip.
- Using a fine-line Sharpie, I added the text reference and date.
- Next, I colored the cat in using my pastel chalk set, coloring a bit like I did here (though I didn't need to go back over the stamped lines again).
- After the cat was colored (all except her eyes), add added green chalk to the rest of the page for a background. Then, before the chalk had a chance to set, I erased the chalk from covering the verse itself.
- For a finishing touch, I combined two Smooch inks (green & gold) to make the cat's glowing eyes.