Today I have another cat card - this time a Valentine's card with no hint of pink or red anywhere! :) The cat was made using the stamp & die matching sets from Stampendous ("Pop-up Kitties"). The greeting is stamp and matching die from JustRite (Antique Valentine Tags One, Vintage Labels and Banner Dies). For details on how I colored this cat, check here. It's always a bit challenging to really see what's going on in a photo, but this is what I did to make the front of the card:
- First, I made a double mat of dark green card stock and green gingham patterned paper (HOTP) which I attached to my card front.
- Next I embossed a piece of light green vellum with an all-over dots embossing folder
- Before I attached the vellum to the card, I added my focal & sentiment so I could put the glue underneath that in a way it wouldn't be seen. The bow & banner are both stamped with black StazOn on a green "Shine Design" paper from HOTP. The banner & the cat's head are both attached with foam tape for added dimension.
- After attaching the vellum, I realized that it would have looked better if I had inked the edges. It was too late for that, but I took a dark green fine-tip marker and a ruler and drew around the edges to make them stand out better - hard to see in the picture, but evident in real life.
I actually assembled the inside of this card first. I started by finding and modifying a poem that I printed on the same light green vellum I used for the front of the card. I added another cat - this time with a wobble spring holding the head so it bobbles a bit. I had a stamp that actually came in a set of sympathy stamps from JustRite (With Sympathy), but I thought it was perfect for a Valentine's Day card. When all was ready, I attached the vellum to just the inside front of the card - once again with the adhesive behind the cat. Here's a closer look at the inside cat.