Okay, I said yesterday's was the last of my "cat making frenzy", but after making all those cats, I realized I didn't have any "Tiger Cats" so decided I better make some of those too. Here they are. The two with bodies started as white card stock, but the third "peeking" cat started as greyish-tan paper (which was what I already had stamped) so it doesn't look the same and I couldn't leave part of it white like I did with the others. It's funny how in the photo I like the peeking cat better, but in real life, the whiter ones look better! :)
I colored these cats in a similar fashion:
- I started with a light tannish color and colored most of the cat with that.
- Next I added a darker burnt orange color to form the "stripes". The didn't have enough definition, so I found a gel pen I had that was similar in color and scribbled on the stripes with that.
- Before the gel pen dried, I went back over the center of the stripe with more of the burnt orange. This time it stuck to the gel pen marks more than elsewhere so helped to give more depth. (Though you can't really see it in this picture.)
- The eyes were mostly gold Smooch, though some of them have just a touch of green in them as well. One has pink chalk for a nose, one has pink smooch for a nose, and one has dark brown marker for a nose.
- I finished by going over the outside lines, eyes & whiskers with a black or dark brown fine-line marker.