Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, August 1, 2014

Variations on a theme - #3


For this card I went a bit more subtle with the turquoise, and added some lavender to the mix.  This time I started with a slightly larger card base - approximately 5" x 6 1/4". 

Lacy Mat: I started with the lacy mat.  Using a Darice embossing folder, I inked the edges of the folder with turquoise and then ran it through my machine with some white cardstock inside.  Then I fussy cut around the edges of the embossed frame.  I cut a piece for the center of the frame from a scrap of paper I had on hand that tied together the turquoise & lavender that I wanted to use.  I set this aside and prepared my background.

Background: For the background I found a scrap of turquoise paper.  It had stuff cut out of the center of it, but that was hidden by the lavender piece I put on top of it - a "hand-made" paper I bought at Costco several years ago. After gluing them both in place, I attached my lacy mat to this using foam tape for dimension.

Sentiment: I started with a piece of white card stock that had been cut and embossed with a die from Spellbinders Fancy Tags #2.  Then I added a turquoise piece cut and embossed with a die from Fancy Tags #1.  To get the center oval to match, I cut and embossed a scrap of white cardstock using the same die and then cut around the embossed edge.  I stamped my sentiment (from HOTP "Tiny Words & Images") with lavender ink and inked the edge before gluing them one on top of the other as shown here.  I attached this to the lacy mat with foam tape.

Butterfly: The butterfly is cut and embossed with two of the dies from Spellbinders Les Papillions - one created the lavender base, the other the lacy upper part in white.  I LOVE these dies!  They are designed so they can stand alone or be used together and I think they're quite lovely.  Anyway, I glued the lacy white part to the lavender part just along the body & antennae so the wings are free.  I folded up the wings a bit, then attached the butterfly to the card as shown - once again only attaching it along the body.

Tomorrow I'll show another Thank You card using the other two butterfly dies in the Les Papillions set.

No comments: