Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, August 3, 2014

Anniversary in Red and White


This card started with Spellbinders M-Bossabilities 5 X 7 embossing folder called "Framed Petite Labels".  After running it through the machine using white cardstock, I colored the frame with silver ink from Smooch.  I love the fact that their applicator tips are so tiny you can really control where the color goes.  I trimmed up the piece and edged it using a red pen & ruler.

Next I cut and embossed the smallest die from Spellbinders' 5X7 Elegant Labels Four out of red glimmer paper.  I ran a piece of silver edged red ribbon through this and fastened it in place.  

Sentiment: I used the die again, this time tracing the inside of it onto white cardstock and cutting it out by hand.  I inked the edges and stamped my sentiment on this using a stamp from JustRites "Royal Antique Labels One" stamp set.  I attached this to the red piece with foam tape. Then cut, embossed, and stenciled two hearts using a die from JustRite's "Vintage Label and Banner" die set, and added them with foam tape.

The large word "Love" was cut using a Paper Artist's die from HOTP from the set called "Love and 5 Hearts". 

I would have left it at that, but ended up scattering a few heart stickers across the card when I accidentally got some of the silver Smooch ink in the wrong place!  

For this card, I decorated the inside so much it could have been the outside of another card!  This is what the inside looks like.


I used the large die from Spellbinders' 5X7 Elegant Labels Four die set as a stencil to get the frame.  The holes are so tiny that I ended up having to go over it all with a pen as the ink just didn't do a clear enough job.  Ad you can see I inked all the way to the outer edges and also inked the inner edge.  

Next I cut a piece of red glimmer paper using the middle sized die in this set, and glued it to the center.

The message was stamped on a piece of white cardstock that was cut and embossed with a die from Spellbinders' Gold Labels Four.  Four little heart stickers at the corners tie it all together (though it's hard to tell that given the lighting in the photo!).

No comments: