Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, November 12, 2012

Coloring Silhouette Stamps

Silhouette stamps, or ones with a lot of solid areas can sometimes be a challenge for me.  A while ago I showed one technique for using these where you stamp in opaque white ink and then add color on top (example).  Today I'm showing another way I've used this type of stamp.

Here the image was stamped with black ink.  Then I added color with metallic gel pens.  Though a few areas were left white and I colored those in, I also colored directly on the black.  This shows up pretty well, depending on your pen and the color used. Here I used a variety of light and dark colors.  In the picture, I think the blue, red, and gold (on nest & words) show up pretty well.  What you may not be able to see (but what shows pretty well in person) is that I colored green over the leaves and a darker brownish color on the branches.  These bits of color really dress up what could have been a much more boring black and white silhouette look.

The focal was cut with Resplendent Rectangles die set, and the mat behind it was cut with a fancy-edged blade on my paper cutter.


Here's another card made in a similar way.  I added a bit of fiber to the border and wove it along one edge of the focal.

No comments: