Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, April 28, 2012

Too Many Pictures


The challenge this layout presented was that I wanted it to be a memento of our entire trip.  I was just making an 8 x 8 page and we went 5 places that were all very different.  I wanted a picture of each, but there was no way to make that fit and still have room for title, journaling, etc.  What to do?

What I did was create a photo wheel that I placed behind the page, with a frame cut out of the page itself.  The wheel can be turned to allow a person to see each of the 5 photos.  Here's another view showing a different photo in the picture window:
Note that there's an arrow showing the direction to turn the wheel, and there's a second little window cut out to show the number of the photo that corresponds to the numbers in the journaling block.

3 comments:

Carol J said...

What a wonderful idea. Where did you learn how to put the wheel and pictures in the right spots so it would work? Does the flower in the middle hold the wheel in place? Great job

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Carol. To answer your question, Paper Wishes sells a template for making a 12 x 12 page similar to this. I looked at how they did that and adapted it to make this one in an 8x8 size.

Cheryl said...

Forgot to say - Yes, the flower in the middle is held by a brad which holds the wheel in place. :)