Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, January 13, 2012

Memory Book

You may have noticed that I haven't updated my blog for over a week.  I was working on a scrapbook with a very tight timeline, and once the blogs I had set up ahead were posted, there were no more until my project was finished and I could get back to this.  My project was a Memory Book for a dance teacher couple who were retiring, and it needed to be done in time to be presented to them at their retirement party. 

Today I'll show a couple of pages from that book.  Both utilize Spellbinder's dies run through my Big Shot to help accent the focal photo.

This first page (above) uses the largest die from the "Fleur De Lis Rectangles" to serve as the top layer of a double mat for the photo. I LOVE this die, even though it tends to take a bit of work to get the paper/cardstock out of the die after cutting/embossing.  It is SO worth it to have the lovely design on my page. The next page used a die from the "Labels One" set to create a frame for the photo. 
Both pages also feature titles cut with my Silhouette - which also cut the swirly embellishments on the second page.  Ribbon and jewel stickers (Dazzles from Hot Off the Press) helped to finish it off.

No comments: