Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Card from Scraps

Today's card was inspired by (and being entered in) two challenges: Paper Wishes and Just Add Ink.

The Paper Wishes Blog Giveaway called for the use of stamping supplies from Hot Off the Press, so that's what I used (Medallions & Corners, Tiny Words & Images). The paper is also from them (I glued it to card stock to add more stability for this telescoping card.

Just Add Ink has a fabulous blog hop with lots of different folded card variations. This is based on Patrice's card example, here. Hers is called "Telescoping Circles" so I guess mine would be Telescoping Ovals.  I didn't have circle punches or dies, so used my Nestabilities Scalloped Oval dies.  The picture of the fully telescoped card is at the bottom of this post.

Since Tuesdays are my day for looking at using up scraps, the papers were leftovers from other projects, making for a very inexpensive card!  Here's a picture of the card when the ribbon is pulled to open the card up:


You might note the thin lines around the edges of the larger two panels. Often I make these lines by embossing my paper and then just hand drawing around the embossing with pen. In this case, however, I didn't want to emboss them, so I just inked up the cutting edge of the next smaller nestability die and used it as a stamp. Works great for creating an ultra-thin border.

9 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Wonderful card Cheryl! I love the cascading ovals.

Precious Thoughts said...

Great use of the frames Cheryl, I have that paper pack too...I may have to scraplift, hope you don't mind!!

Paula Dobson said...

This is the first Oval telescoping card I have seen - very cool! Thanks for playing at JAI this week ♥

Mae's Cachet said...

What a lovely alteration to the Telescoping Card...using ovals instead of circles, I like it! Thanks for joining in our Fancy Fold Blog Hop challenge at Just Add Ink.

Nikki Spencer said...

I love that you have gone oval...very cool take on the telescoping card, thanks for playing along with the fancy folds challenge at Just Add Ink.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This looks great with ovals as well - how creative. Thanks for playing at JAI.

Jodene said...

I love the use of the oval shape for this card, it looks fantastic! Thanks for playing along this week at JAI :)

pennyd said...

I like it! I love the fact that you used the die as a stamp - I'm going to have to try that.

Patrice said...

I'm so impressed. This is a terrific telescopic ovals card. Well done! So glad you tried it.