Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, July 16, 2011

Black on Black

I find challenges can really stimulate my creative juices.  This card was inspired by the Black on Black Challenge on the Paper Wishes board

It was pretty simple, but I would never have done anything like this without the challenge.  The front of this card is black card stock with black Scrapbooking Dazzles adhered to it.  The bluish sheen was created by taking a shimmery blue dimensional paint, rubbing it very thinly over the background, and then quickly rubbing it off the dazzles.  As you can see, I then mounted the whole thing on a light blue card.  It looks better in person than in the picture and was a fun thing to try.  It could be fun to try a variety of different paints and see what one could come up with.

2 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Great card Cheryl! I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. It's very hard to go though that. I went through that with both my parents and they both died the same year. It's so hard to lose someone you love so much. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

pennyd said...

Very cool! I might have to try it!