Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Sympathy Card Kit Part 2


Today I was back to crafting with Mom using her Sympathy Card Kit.  Once again, though, I'm not using all the materials for sympathy cards!

Card #1: First up is this card edged with orange & black (see above).  The orange is from a long-ago scrapbook kit in my stash - a frame that I commandeered to make this mat.  A smaller black mat is on top of that, and then the background paper from the kit - which also servers as focal.  The sentiment was stamped with a stamp from JustRite's Grand Sentiments set. The butterfly was from my stash - purchased from the dollar store.  The butterfly trail & 3 dots in the upper left were punched from black card stock.

Inside:

Inside is more of the same.  The sentiment says "We miss those we have lost every day, but we are ever thankful for every day we had with them.

Card #2:

This card started out to be another sympathy card, but partway through, it changed course.  My mom loves roses & I needed a Mother's day card, so . . . . Sentiment is heat embossed with white powder on dark green card stock (JustRite's  Vintage Rose Medallions - die cut with die from their Vintage Label and Banner set).  The mat is cut from dark green card stock using Spellbinders Renaissance Jubilee Ravenna.

Inside:

Inside is another dark green mat - cut from another die in the same set as the front mat.  The "you" is a die from a HOTP set called 9 Little Words.  It doesn't come with a shadow, so I drew around the die & fussy cut one from the dark green card stock. The stamp is also from HOTP from their set called You Greetings (stamped with green StazOn ink) onto a white piece of card stock that was also cut using a third die from the Spellbinder's set.  The roses were fussy cut from a sticker I had in my stash.

Card #3:

Here's another sympathy card.  I matted the focal piece onto die cut & embossed green card stock (Spellbinders 5x7 Matting Basics).  I used a white pen to draw along the embossing.  The sentiment was heat embossed (JustRite stamp from Sympathy Vintage Labels) onto a piece of green card stock that was die cut using a die from Spellbinders Renaissance Jubilee Ravenna. Once again I drew around the embossing with a white pen.  The three circles in the lower right corner were punched from green card stock and decorated using the white gel pen.

Inside:


Inside is a printed sentiment from the set, matted on a green piece of card stock that was embossed with a die from Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics.

No comments: