Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Flight of the Butterflies - Rustic Ruby


This set of 5 cards were from a challenge I set for myself.  Most of this "Flight of the Butterflies: Jeweled Edition" Hunkydory Luxury Card Collection is really pretty.  But I did not care for the colors of one of these sets - so I wanted to use them up.  It's the set called Rustic Ruby. To this, I added the background adorable scoreable that was covered with butterflies - fussy cutting them out to use as additional embellishments.

My first thought was to use as much product per card as possible and thus make fewer cards.  The problem with that plan was that the colors of the various elements didn't blend together as well as I would have liked. By the time I separated the pieces into ones that I thought went together, I had pieces for 5 cards.  I was grateful to find that by the time I was finished making the cards, I actually liked them!  😀

The first card I made using most of one of the adorable scoreable pieces - cut and scored to make a fold-back card.  I turned one of the die cuts into a bookmark that I placed in a vellum pocket.  That, with additional fussy cut butterflies finished this card.

Card #2:


Card number two started with a piece of the adorable scoreable cut a bit smaller than the card front for the background.  From a 5X7 piece of gold poster board, I cut out the center using a die from Spellbinder's A2 Renaissance Jubilee which I used to mat the die cut focal.  The outer remaining piece was used to mat the background piece.  I added a greeting from Hunkydory's Essential book of Greetings (2016) - popped up on foam tape.

Inside:


I used background strips matted on gold - for borders similar to the card front.  To this I added fussy cut butterfly embelishments.

Card #3:


I made this card as an interlocking gate-fold card.  This focal with matching frame and sentiment was much more on the pink/purple side than the russet of some of the other die cut pieces, so after creating the base gate-fold card, I covered it with Cosmic Shimmer's Raspberry Sorbet Polish, then added the die cut pieces to create the interlocking affect (each piece glued to only 1/2 of the card - one on each side).

Inside:


The inside was covered with the same polish.  A piece of white paper, die cut with Spellbinder's Resplendent Rectangles gives a place for the message - embellished with more fussy cut butterflies.  (I think it would have looked better had I shaded the edges of the white paper with colors that are similar to what's in the die cuts - but that didn't happen & I don't know if I can add it at this late date.)

Card #4:


This layout developed because my die cut sentiment (HOTP Script Greetings) didn't stand out well enough from the background on its own so I needed to mat it with a lighter color.  Adding the white there required white added elsewhere.  So, this time I double matted the background and added a white mat to the butterfly focal die cut.  I turned the frame on point and backed it with a piece of gold poster board cut and embossed with a Spellbinder's Fair Isle Pendant die.

Inside:

For the inside, I created a border strip - double matted like for the front. To this I added a fussy cut butterfly & a butterfly trail from stickers "innies".

Card #5 - Last from this set:


For this card I embossed the front of the white card base (Spellbeinders M-Bossabilities - Asian) and added a border strip from the adorable scoreable card stock.  To this I added a die cut focal & sentiment.  A fussy cut butterfly & Jewel Dazzles finish the card front.

Inside:


Another border strip & fussy cut butterfly decorates the inside of the card.

No comments: