Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, April 2, 2020

Birthday Friends


Today I continue with using up some of my "personal shopper" kits from HOTP - this time, a bright and cheery color scheme with blue, striped, and geometric papers.  I got three cards from this set, and each has all 3 papers on it.  For this first card, I added some of the cutout art that came with the set, along with printed acetate from my stash (that also came from HOTP).  

To the red printed "ribbon" part of the paper, I added some sparkle paint for a bit of shine.  I attached the printed acetate by folding it around a piece of white card stock & attaching it with tape in the back.  Here's what the inside looks like:


The inside was done basically the same as the outside, except that the acetate was trimmed only on 3 sides with the fourth being taped behind the patterned paper to hold it in place.

My next card is a tri-fold card with a window in it.  The stamped focal is a HOTP stamp from "Janie's Girl Frames", colored with Inktense & watercolor pencils blended with water.


I used Spellbinder's "Petite Scalloped Frames" to die cut the windows in the card - smaller cutout on the front, larger one on the inside panel, and framed both.  I outlined the front fame with a marker & painted it with Sparkle.


For the inside panel, I stamped a sentiment using a stamp from JustRite's Grand Sentiments set.  The background for that was cut using  the same die set - just cut part of the die cut off with the same die to make it narrower.  I had already cut out one of the "fasteners" on this tag to go on the first card, so needed to hide the holes with something - Jewel Dazzles did that.


For the very inside of the card, I matted the focal and painted the mat with sparkle paint.  The sentiment comes from the JustRite "Good Friends Labels Twenty-Nine" stamp set.

The next card is the "scrap card".  I took all the scraps I had remaining, inked the edges, and arranged them into a card, adding a stamped greeting (Studio G small stamp set), and balloon confetti (with hand-drawn strings).  For the stamping I had to use a mix of two colors - a burgundy Distress ink and a red Colorbox ink in order to get the right color.



The inside was more of the same with another stamped message (Birthday Greetings, HOTP).

No comments: