Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, April 5, 2020

Floral Favorites - Floral Fancy


Today Mom and I had a virtual card making session.  She had gotten the Hunkydory Deco Large collection called "Floral Favourites", and since it has two of everything, she split it with me.  We both worked with the set called Floral Fancy to see how many cards we could make from this set that was designed to make one card.  We each made 5 cards from this one set - finishing them inside and out.  While most of the supplies used were from the set, we also added things from our stash to complete these cards.  

For this first card, I added a dollar store butterfly, pieces of a doily, ribbon, and a background I had previously created using white glossy card stock and alcohol inks (see description of that process here).  Here's the inisde (oh yes, for the inside, I also added a tiny rhinestone from my stash):


My next card used a background piece from the kit.  I inked the edges before adding it to the card.  Then, in addition to the HD focal element, I used more doily pieces, ribbon, and some butterflies from my stash.  Here's how it turned out:


The inside was done similarly:


Next up is a card where much of the background is the card blank - embossed with an embossing folder (M-Bossabilities "Venetian").  I added a strip of the background adorable scoreable from the kit along with a border strip from the same.  The label for the greeting was die cut (Spellbinders Ornate Squares) from scraps of HOTP paper & backed with gold poster board.  The greeting was stamped and embossed with gold powder (stamp from HOTP "Butterflies"), and the butterfly was from my stash:
 

Inside I have more scraps from the kit.  I also added a "butterfly trail" made from "innies" from out-line sticker borders:


The fourth card was made using the adorable scoreable from the kit as both background and focal.  In addition to the greeting from the kit, I added some punched dots & a yellow ribbon from my stash:


Inside is more of the same card stock as borders, with small elements from the kit added for interest (and butterfly trail made as I did for the previous card):


The fifth and final card from this set was made using the base focal piece from the kit.  I cut a card base from a green piece of card stock - which also serves as a background.  The greeting is from a border piece that I edged with gold poster board on either end. Scraps of the same poster board create the look of a border going across the center of the card, and a yellow ribbon from my stash completes the look.  (The gold border was necessary because I tried making an easel card - without realizing it would not work given the shape of the card.  So - I turned it into a regular card and covered the score line with the poster board.)


The only thing on the inside that came from the kit was the border at the bottom (from which I cut the greeting for the card front).  The rest is a piece of gold metallic poster board cut and embossed with a Spellbinder's die (5 x 7 Heirloom Legacy) with top & bottom cut off straight.  To this, I added a piece of green paper that I had cut, embossed, and inked using another Spellbinder's die (Petite Ovals Large).  As is often the case, I had to use two inks to get the color I wanted - Peeled Paint Distress ink and Lucky Clover Distress Oxide ink:

No comments: