Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, April 28, 2020

HD Christmas Past - Classic Christmas


Hunkydory's Christmas Past Card Kit has a lot of sets within it.  I'm starting with those I find most challenging, so first up is the "Classic Christmas" set.  As usual, I add from my stash to complete the cards, so I'll list additions as I describe each card.

Card #1: First up in this set is a gate fold card.  I fussy cut the border off the AS (adorable scoreable card stock).  The background is a piece of green card stock from my stash.  I embossed it with a Darice embossing folder called Damask, and then hit it with two colors of Distress Oxide inks (Cracked Pistachio and Peeled Paint).

Inside:

Inside is more of the same, plus a focal piece created using green card stock, gold poster board, and a Spellbinder's die set called Adorning Squares.  I stamped the sentiment (from JustRite's Christmas Trimmings) in red on a small piece of white card stock and tucked it into the gold die cut piece.

Card #2:

This next card is on a cream colored A2 sized card base, folded as a gate-fold card.  I added gold linen card stock for a background, but before I did that, I wrapped ribbon around it at the bottom.  The focal (from the kit) is in two pieces and forms an interlocking element on this gate fold card.  The frame actually originally framed a different focal piece. I didn't care for the combination since the frame is red and the original focal was orange.  So, I used a cutting die to remove the original center focal (which I'll use elsewhere) and used the outer part as a frame for this other die cut piece that I thought went with it better.

Card #3:

This is the first of two or three cards with orange as a predominant color.  Unfortunately, the angle of this card doesn't really show it well.  It is actually a cut-away card.  The card base is AS from the kit - much of what remained after I fussy cut off the brown border off (see card #1 above).  So the front edge is rather jagged.  I lined it with a narrow edge of gold poster board to make it more visible.  On the very edge, it's cutaway so you see through to the side stripe from the inside of the card.

The focal is a die cut, matted on cream colored card stock (that was embossed & inked after being cut by Spellbinders Tile Works cutting die set.  This is matted on a piece of gold poster board that was die cut with another Spellbinders die (Labels Twenty-Eight).  I added two die cut pieces (Dec 25 & oranges) and the card front was complete.

Inside:

The striped edge is scraps from the die cut sheet.  Scraps from the AS form borders top and bottom.  The gold frame was cut and embossed using an Adorning Squares Spellbinders die and then cutting close to the edge with a paper trimmer.  A die cut of the oranges finishes the inside until I decide who it is going to and what message I want to put inside.

Card #4:

Here's another orange Christmas card from this set.  This card started with a kraft colored card blank and a piece of AS that was 4 3/4" wide.  I fussy cut the top border off & trimmed the card shorter before adding the border back on top.  Most of the embellishments are from the set, but the "Glad Tidings" in the bottom right corner was left over from a previous HD kit.  Brown Dazzles stickers complete the card front.

Inside:


For the inside, the background was created by inking the edges of a cream colored piece of card stock and glueing it in place.  The lacy border strip and die cut was from the kit.  The orange part of the border was a scrap of glittered card stock from my stash. 

Card # 5:

For this last card in this set, I started with the remaining piece of AS and scored it in half to form the base card.  I extended the focal beyond this, and embellished the card with other die cuts from the set.

Inside:

The inside is all from my stash.  A scrap of orange paper & a strip of gold poster board.  This is finished with a gold greeting (says "God Bless You") from my HD Essential Book of Christmas Greetings.

Tag:

I had just a few scraps left, so made this tag.  I thought to add orange to it, but decided against it since that's not a color that I frequently use.  I figured I could add more color if I choose to when I decide how I'll use it.

No comments: