Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, April 12, 2020

Flight of the Butterflies - Sapphire Moments & Butterfly Blue


Today's cards once again come from the Hunkydory Flight of the Butterflies Jeweled Edition Luxury Card Kit.  This time I combined materials for a concept card that I didn't care for (Butterfly Blue) with those from the Sapphire Moments set (though a couple of the pieces or this set were missing - including the largest focal & a piece of adorable scoreable - must have used them for something else & didn't get a picture of it (since I can't find one anywhere!) 

Card #1: This first card uses a butterfly from the concept card - cut out of the frame it came in.  I used an embossing folder called Scroll Frame (Darice) and hit the raised areas with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink (using the round foam applicator from Ranger).  The stamped sentiment comes from a HOTP set called Floral Greetings.

Inside:


A border piece from the adorable scoreable (AS) and a butterfly sticker from my stash completes the inside (with "innies" from gold stickers for the butterfly trail).

Card #2: The card base for this one was a dark turquoise/navy from my stash.  I embossed the front of the card using Brocade Imprints A2 embossing folder from Fun Stampers Journey. To the raised areas, I applied gold ink using a round foam applicator from Ranger.  The frame is what remained when I removed the butterfly used on the front of the first card.  To this I added a piece from the sheet that had multiple colors of die cuts and a greeting from the 2016 Essential book of Greetings. Due to the difficulty of photographing this piece, I've given you two viewpoints of the front of this card.



Inside:


The inside makes use of a border strip & another die cut from the set.  To this, I've added a couple of dimensional dollar store butterfly stickers.

Card #3: This card uses more pieces from the concept card.  I got the idea for this one from my mother.  I backed one piece with white card stock and fussy cut around it to form a narrow border.  I scored the left edge of the front piece and glued just the far left edge to the backed piece (so it could open) - then added a greeting.


Inside:


I didn't add anything else to the inside.  While a message could be printed on the inside left-hand side of the card, I'll probably just write it on the back.

Card #4:  This time I used the plain frame & added a die cut turned on point for the focal.  I cut a narrow strip from the AS for a border & added a die cut sentiment & 3 small jewel Dazzles.  Though it's hard to see in the picture, the white card front was embossed using a Damask embossing folder (Darice).


Inside:

For the inside I combined a couple of pieces of border from the AS, added some more jewel Dazzles and another die cut sentiment.

Card #5:  This card was once again embossed using the Darice embossing folder called Damask.  The border was created by combining a couple of pieces of the AS.  The greeting was cut down from the supplied greeting & layered so the border still showed all the way around.  Another die cut from the set and ribbon bow from my stash completed the card front.


Inside:


Inside I used more of the AS, a piece of the die cut border, and a greeting from the set.

Card #6: This is the card that I spent the most time on - though I don't think it's the prettiest.  I started with a white card blank that I colored with Chipped Sapphire distress ink using a round foam applicator - just around the edges as the rest would be covered.  I took another piece of the AS, cut it a bit smaller than my card, traced around my die cut sentiment, and fussy cut a piece out that was a bit larger than the die cut. Then I inked the edges with Chipped Sapphire distress ink.  

Next, I cut a piece of white card stock just larger than this, found a cutting die that was larger than the cut hole, and die cut a hole in the white card stock where it would line up behind the hole in the AS (using a Sizzix die from their Bonjour Paris set).  After gluing the AS piece to the white card stock piece, I added a border strip, a couple stickers from my stash, and 3 jewel dazzles (I drew around the edges with a gold sharpie since they were originally silver).  Using thin layers of fun foam behind it, I popped this piece up, but glued the sentiment flush to the card front.
  

Inside:

The inside of this one was very simple - just added a die cut sentiment from the set.

No comments: