Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, October 11, 2023

First Day in Holland

 

Page #1 (above): This page was quite a challenge.  There was SO much that I wanted to put on it!  2 maps, 7 pictures, as well as quite a bit of journaling & a large title.  With a bit of prior planning to figure out what size to print the pictures, I think it turned out REALLY well.  I used a filmstrip stencil to create the "filmstrip" at the bottom of the page.  The title was the top part of a scrapbook paper that I had.  As you can see, I used similar dark blue to mat the journaling, and then just added the rest of the pictures.

Page #2:

Once again, I had lots of pictures I wanted to use - as well title, journlaling, and some pretty scrapbook paper that seemed particularly appropriate.  As you can see, I matted the focal picture on white, then yellow, then white before adding it to the square of pretty scrapbook paper I had adhered to the upper left-hand corner of the page.  After adding the journaling & title, I added the rest of the photos around the two edges as you can see.

Pages 3 & 4:

Next up is a dual page layout - an introduction to the place that will take the next several pages in my scrapbook.  Below is a closer look at each of these pages:

Page #3:

This lovely tulip pattern is actually the back of piece of paper that was left when I cut off the title on the first page I posted about here.  Behind the picture of the couple, is a vellum box envelope that holds the visitor's brochure.  I added a velcro-closure clasp because the brochure easily fell out otherwise!  As you can see, I printed the pictures, title, and journaling & matted all with green card stock.  Before gluing everything together, though, I used a rectangular cutting die to remove the tulip pattern from behind the large picture, saving it for the next page.

Page 4:

The title is the 2nd half of the one on the page we just looked at.  I wanted to bring more of that patterned paper to this page, but all I had was the piece I had cut from behind the large photo.  I cut it into strips, glued them to green mats, then added the photos between before gluing to the page.  I scanned in a portion of the map and printed it to add to the bottom of the page.  Then printed a 2nd copy and used a regular paper punch to remove the numbered dots to make my "key" around the map.

Page 5:

These pages were pretty quick.  After determining my layout, I printed the pictures, journaling, and titles, found some decorative paper that I thought would be a good color with them, and sliced it to create borders top and bottom.  I had a bit of an "oops" between the two pictures on the right, so added a strip of dark red paper to hide it.

Page #6:

This page uses the rest of that decorative paper.  It is actually two 6" wide pages that form a gate fold for more pages inside when you open them up.

Pages 7 & 8: And here's the inside of that gatefold:

Close up of center page:

The little windmill embellishment is fussy cut from a digital book about paper piecing that I got a long time ago from HOTP.

Close up of outer two pages (saw mills and flour mill):

Page 9:

The embellishment on this one was a die cut that I picked up in a scrapbook store.  The title & journaling were printed on white glossy photo paper and colored with Distress inks.

Page 10 (actually the front of a gate fold spread):

Pages 11 & 12 (inside of gate fold)  For some reason, I didn't get closeups of this layout. 

The left-side fold out includes a vellum pocket that holds a brochure about "The Cat" color pigment windmill.  The background paper is "hand made" paper I got at Costco years ago.  The journaling was again printed on white photo paper & then colored with Distress ink.

No comments: