Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, July 24, 2023

5 More National Parks

Today I have a page for each of the 5 additional National Parks that we visited this summer.  It's nice to get them finished so soon after we got back from our trip.

Page #1 (above): I started with an old patterned paper from HOTP.  It already had a printed inset section like what I wanted for this layout - and it was in the right colors.   The elements in the lower corners were stickers that I matted on black.  The trapezoid is a fussy cut photo of the carpet as you enter the visitor's center.  I have several other photos - and some computer journaling.  The title was die cut from some black sticky-backed vinyl, adhered to a scrap strip of white photo paper, with corners rounded.

Page #2:

This page started as a piece of black card stock.  I added a strip of patterned paper to the top & bottom, but before I did that, I printed my journaling on the top strip.  Unfortunately, it didn't print correctly for some reason, so I had to go over it with a black marker.  What a pain!  

I like to have the park brochure on my page - but seldom have room for it.  You can see the little semi-circle cut out.  That is so folks can pull out the brochure if they want to look at it, but otherwise it is tucked away leaving room for other things.  It's easy to do.  I simply take a standard business-size envelope, glue the flap shut, cut off one end leaving a piece about the length of the brochure, use a circle punch to punch a half circle, and stick the brochure in there.  Then I simply cut a matching cut-out on the scrapbook page itself, and glue the envelope with brochure to the back of the page.  Easy peasy.

Other than that, I have mostly my photos on this page.  I printed them with frames around them.  The title is actually simply a picture that was blown up and cropped from the picture you see in the lower right corner.

Page #3:

For this page I fussy cut a picture of the entry sign and let it serve as my title.  The small picture below that and the bottom set of journaling in the lower right corner are stickers.  The rest are pictures.  As you can see, I usually simply cut them with a bit of a white border to give them a fake mat.  For this page, though, I chose to mat my journaling and the focal photo with dark brown card stock.  The background is a page of printed grass that I've had forever because I thought it would come in handy, but found it isn't as easy to use as I expected!

Page #4:

Cuyahoga Valley National Park - quite straight forward - green printed background looks like what we saw on the water at the marsh.  NP Stickers are the left-center column. Pictures and computer printed journaling tell the story.  Brochure is a pull tab in the top/center.

Page #5:

Indiana Dunes National Park - Once again pictures and computer journaling tell the stories.  The picture in the upper left corner is the park sticker.  The words on the upper right corner are from the backing paper from that sticker.   The title was die cut from brown sticky-back vinyl - stuck to a strip of white card stock with corners rounded.  Again there's a brochure you can pull from the center top.

No comments: