Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Hexagon Scrapbook Page

To help create greater variety in my scrapbook pages, I decided to try to adapt card challenges on the message board I frequent.  Here, the challenge was to make a shaped card.  I decided to make a octagon shaped scrapbook page - though I knew I had to have the base layer a square so the back side of the page on the reverse wouldn't show through.

The octagon was cut using a die from the Stitched Octagons die set by Creative Dies Designs.  I added the rectangle of lavender print that I planned to use for journaling - then lined up the photos and cut one corner of each to align with the octagon base.  The title was die cut from a no-brand set of alphabet dies.  

Since the photos were taken on different days, I looked for something to use as arrows to show which photo the date applied to.  Small brads hold those in place, and larger brads were placed in each corner.  I wanted a little more movement on the page, so found some green mirror foam squares to complete the embellishments for this page.

No comments: