Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, May 12, 2022

HD A Sparkling Season - Winter Wonderland part 3 (deer)

Today I've completed the cards from the Hunkydory A Sparkling Season, Winter Wonderland set.  This time I was working with the deer from the set.  You can see the set as it comes below:

The set consists of a sheet of die cuts and two sheets of AS (Adoreable Scoreable printed card stock).  I also purchased some coordinating card stock and the 8 x 8 paper pad.  Some of the materials from the paper pad that coordinate with the Winter Wonderland set are shown below:

I got eight cards from the "deer" portion of the materials.  You can see them in the picture below:

As you can see, I got 4 slimline cards and 4 that were 5" x 6.5".  And here's a closer look at each of them.

Card #1:

The main panel for this card is cut from one of the 8 x 8 papers.  The deer is fussy cut from the paper pad as well.  I added a strip of teal to the bottom - helps balance the snowy sky.  The sentiment is die cut with a Moonstone mini die. 

Card #2:

Next up is a panel cut from one of the printed AS sheets. I split the panel and added a strip of brown from my stash for a border.  I once again die cut a sentiment with that Moonstone die and scraps.

Card #3:

This one was an experiment gone wrong.  I based it from a sketch, but it would have looked better if the deer and the lower sentiment were closer together.  I used a pearlescent vellum over the glittery background.  The upper sentiment is a die cut from the set.  The deer and lower sentiment are fussy cut from the 8 x 8 paper pad.  I added a foam pad under the main body and head of the deer, but glued ears, nose, and legs directly to the front of the card.  This gave some nice dimension.  A scrap of aqua from my stash - ends trimmed with Stamp 'n Up label punch -  forms a bit of a border in the center of the panel.  Snowflake Dazzles and a ribbon from my stash complete the card front.

Inside:

Inside is another piece of the AS forming a lower border, and a stamped greeting (one of Mom's stamps).

Card #4:

The main panel of this card is from the 8 x 8 paper pad.  I edged it with silver border stickers and added some silver corner stickers as well.  The sentiment is die cut from silver poster board using a die from the Moonstone set called Splendid Snowflakes.

Inside:

Inside is a piece of AS & a stamped message (from Mom's stamps).

Card #5:

A piece of AS forms the background for this card.  The arched window is a die cut from the set that I backed with a pearlescent vellum.  I added a cutout deer and sentiment (from the 8 x 8 pad), and a few Dazzle snowflakes from my stash.

Inside:

More AS forms borders top and bottom on the inside.  A stamped message (Mom's stamp) and more Dazzles snowflakes and circles complete the inside.

Card #6:

The main panel of this card is again from the 8x8 paper pad - matted on a scrap of aqua from my stash.  I added a ribbon border, and a deer and sentiment that were cutouts from the paper pad.

Inside:

A strip from the paper pad and cutout sentiment (along with a scrap of the aqua from my stash) form the inside.  I finished it with a tiny star from a Dazzles set.

Card #7:

This background is beautiful foiled AS from the coordinating AS pack.  The focal & sentiment are die cuts from the set, and silver Dazzles border stickers are added top & bottom.

Inside:

The inside is quite simple - two pieces of the AS to form borders, and a stamped message (Mom's stamp).

Card #8:

The main panel for this card again comes from the 8 x 8 paper pad.  I inked the edges in brown and created a border using scraps from my stash and a white Dazzles border sticker. The sentiment is die cut using the same Moonstone die that I used earlier.

Inside:

Inside is more of the inked paper & a stamped sentiment (Mom's stamp).

No comments: