Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, August 3, 2021

2021 Road Trip - Intro & Dinosaur


Introduction - Page 1 (above):

This page shows where we went, and what we traveled in.  It's a pretty basic page, but a good introduction to the pages that follow.  The truck & camper were an actual photo that I fussy cut to add to this page.  The letters were printed in Microsoft Word & then fussy cut.

Pages 2 & 3: Dinosaur National Monument


The first page of the Dinosaur National Monument spread shows the entrance & visitor's center & a map of the local area.  Once again, my little dinosaur embellishment is fussy cut from a picture - this time of a replica that stands outside the Quarry Visitor's Center.

It's companion page speaks to the first two areas we explored in the area.  I really liked the way the headings turned out - created in Microsoft Word & fussy cut.  But there's more!  This is a "gate-fold" page with much more hiding behind these 1/2 pages:

When the flaps are opened, you see this spread which covers three other main areas we explored.  Here are a closer look at the three sections:

Once again the header (and the journaling for that matter) were created in Microsoft word.  I'm not sure why I didn't do this header in the wavy style of the others - seemed like a good idea at the time!

The pull-out brochure tells about Josie, her cabin, and her land. I made an envelope to fit it and glued it to the page behind the picture.  It's pretty easy to mark where I want the slit cut and then slide a cutting mat into the page protector before cutting the slit.  Tip - remove the brochure before sliding the page into the protector, then feed the brochure in through the slit.


For this page I didn't need to fussy cut a dinosaur embellishment - it was already there on the sign!  This was my first ever gate-fold spread.  I think I'll enjoy doing more of these.  I happened to buy these gate-fold sheet protectors, but as you'll see later in the book, I also made some other configurations of my own.

No comments: