Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, March 20, 2020

Instructions and Promises


Yesterday I discovered that though I thought I had completed the page on the right in 2017 (it's dated!), I never posted it - and it wasn't really complete! :)  This chapter is full of instructions and promises and I found I wanted to add a lot more to the page - and the facing page.  

Since I did the much of the page on the right a long time ago and didn't post about it, I can only guess about the materials I used there.  It's clear I had used clear gesso to protect the page.  I suspect I used watercolor pencils and water brush to draw and color the bread (since I don't think I had my Inktense then). The word "God" was stamped with brown StazOn ink (stamp from Sing Praise set by Inky Antics), and the rest of the words hand lettered with a brown fine-line marker.  I'm really not sure what I used on the background, but I'm guessing I used Distress Ink - and then something with a bit of shimmer - a spray or metallic gelatos - not sure.

As I worked some more on these pages, I first added color to the facing page.  I sprayed it first with Glimmer Mist (Sea Glass and Blue Icing) then added Distress ink (Salty Ocean) with a round sponge applicator. After that dried well, I added more stamped messages (Bible Promises stamp set from Stampendous and Memorable Messages from Inky Antics) & more hand lettering with my black Pitt pens.  I also decided to trace over much of the brown lettering on the original page, turning it black so the two pages went together better.
   
For thoughts about what these pages mean to me, check out my other blog here and here.  

Please note: I realized I had mis-quoted the passage on the right hand side of the page - corrected version is:

1 comment:

Becca Sadler said...

Cheryl: thanks for showing your Bible journaling--whether current or old! God is faithful! I need to do more of my own. I've not made a schedule to do this consistently and have let my design team commitments dictate my crafting time instead of carving out some Bible journaling time with it...shame on me. I need to be more faithful in my time spent in God's Word whether reading or journaling about the reading.