Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, February 28, 2020

Be My Valentine Materials Swap


For this swap we were to make a card, then send the same materials we used to our swap partner and see how they used the same supplies to make a card.  When I went to my Valentine materials, I found this background stamped & colored in my stash - had been there for I don't know how long!  I decided it was a good time to use it since I could easily stamp another for my swap partner.  

Materials used:
  • White card stock
  • Black card stock
  • Silver metallic poster board
  • Stamped image (JustRite Cupid Background stamp, stamped with Versafine Onyx ink & embossed with clear powder)
  • Stamp from JustRite's Antique Valentines Tag One
  • Stamp from JustRite's For All You Do Vintage Labels Three (sentiment)
  • Dies used: JustRite Antique Tags One, Spellbinder's A2 Mat Basics, HOTP Love and 5 Hearts
  • Pink fun foam
  • Scrap of pink marbled paper (for small heart die cut)
  • Small embellishments - 2 die cut hearts, several clear holographic type heart sequins, several colors of leftover diamond painting drills, a few sticky-backed rhinestones
  • Versamark Ink for stamping, Worn Lipstick Distress ink for coloring & for stamping.
  • Silver & Pink Smooch inks for coloring
  • Silver embossing powder
  • Heart die cut from stash
Method - I decided to make a shaker card:

CARD FRONT:
  1. Background: I can't remember for certain, but I think the stamped background was colored with worn lipstick ink using a foam applicator. Then I highlighted parts of the design with silver & pink smooch inks. 
  2. Card Base: I cut a 10" x 6.5" piece of the black card stock to use for my card base - forming a 5" x 6.5" card.  I cut a piece of the silver to be just a bit smaller than this to serve as a mat for my background image.
  3. Shaker Element: Using a craft knife, I carefully cut out the heart shaped piece from the center of the background image - then trimmed it close to the printed lines.  This gave me a piece that was the right size width-wise, but not tall enough.  So, I sliced it through the center of the label shape and spaced it to the right size by adding a border strip of layered silver poster board & black card stock (taping all together on the back where it wouldn't show - using scotch tape).
  4. As I usually do, I used a die to cut a piece from the center of the silver since it wouldn't show anyway - thus saving the silver to use elsewhere.  I used a slightly larger die to cut a piece from acetate packaging material to serve as my "window".  Then I layered the silver piece (with center removed), the clear acetate piece, and my background image (with heart removed) and glued them all together.  
  5. Next, I cut the fun foam to just smaller than the silver & then placed the heart-shaped piece I had cut from the stamped background in the center - making sure to line it up with the stamped background image.  I traced around this & cut out the shape so the fun foam had a hole barely larger than the shape cut from the stamped image.  
  6. I glued my fun foam to the card front - making sure to glue it very carefully around the hole to prevent my shaker bits from escaping.  I used my embossing buddy to remove static from the area & then added my shaker bits. 
  7. After wiping the acetate window with the embossing buddy to remove static from it, I glued it in place - sandwiching the shaker bits in place (once again being careful to glue well around the shaker window).
  8. Greeting: After brushing with my stamp buddy, I stamped a greeting on black card stock with Versamark Ink & embossed with silver embossing powder - then die cut using the matching die and adhered it in place with foam squares.
  9. Finishing:  Three clear rhinestones finish it off.
INSIDE:


  1. Using the silver cut from the mat used on the card front, I cut a frame using dies from Spellbinder's A2 Mat Basics.  
  2. I cut a piece of white card stock a bit larger than the silver frame - then colored it using Worn Lipstick distress ink & a foam pad applicator.  
  3. Next I stamped a sentiment using the same ink (from JustRite's For All You Do).
  4. I layered the card stock & frame as you see in the picture & adhered to the inside of the card.  
  5. After cutting a small heart from the pink paper scrap using the HOTP die, I took a heart die cut from my stash & layered it behind the die cut.  This required a bit of trimming of the one in back.  After all was ready, I adhered both to the lower right corner of the card.

No comments: