Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, June 8, 2019

Use It Up Printed Cards #5


Today's card is another for the "use up those printed card blanks" challenge on the paper wishers message board.  It's one where I like the idea of what I did, but frankly, it's execution could use more work.  Oh well. . . . 

It started out like this:


I decided to cut the front off and glue it directly to the card back with the edge of an acetate sheet sandwiched between.  I folded over the acetate to the front of the card to serve as the card front.  I had this ice cream cone focal I wanted to use (from a HOTP Paper Flair Shaped Cards booklet) - and it would have been great except . . . when I cut out the focal and put it on the background I realized the pinks were not the same color!😞

I knew that would bother me, so I proceeded to try to color the focal to match, using distress & distress oxide inks.  That turned out too bright, so I decided to color in the pink parts of the background with the same inks.  All was well until this point.

HOWEVER, the card has a bit of a glossy surface & I wasn't sure how well the ink would dry on it, so I decided to heat emboss it with clear powder (something I regularly do to when I have such concerns.  I didn't take into account that my acetate sheet might not like the heat!  So, it got a bit misshapen in the process. 😥 Oh well, I guess this counts as a "learning process"!  Note to self - next time, color the background & heat emboss it BEFORE assembling with acetate sheet!

Here is what it looks like when opened: 


3 comments:

Rosie Guiher said...

I think it looks great!

Becca Sadler said...

Glad to read that you are still trying new techniques and formats with your crafting! Keep on being creative!

Cheryl said...

Thanks to both of you for your encouragement! Not every experiment works as well as we might like, but it always teaches us something! :)