Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, February 15, 2019

Valentine's Card for Swap 02


The inspiration for this card was the pretty foiled patterned card stock. 

Materials:
  • Patterned card stock (Me & My Big Ideas)
  • Pink Mirri card stock (Hunkydory)
  • White glimmer paper
  • Dies: Love & Five Hearts (HOTP), Fancy Tags One (Spellbinders)
  • Stamps: Janie's Girls (HOTP), Antique Valentine Tags One (JustRite), Special Gifts Labels Twenty-Nine (JustRite)
  • Ribbon from my stash
  • Double-sided adhesive (roll from Elizabeth Crafts) 
  • VersaMark ink
  • Fine White embossing powder (Hero Arts)
Card Front:
  • Background: Patterned card stock matted with Mirri (with heart & tag cut from the center before mounting).
  • Focal: Using the Love & Five Hearts dies, I cut the lacy border & inner plain heart from the pink Mirri.  I backed a piece of white glimmer paper with some double stick adhesive before cutting the inner lacy piece.  That made it easy to peel and stick to the mirri as you see it here.
  • Border: After cutting the tag from the pink mirri card stock, I stamped it carefully (stamp from Janie's Girls) with VersaMark & heat embossed it with fine white powder (Hero Arts).  Then I threaded ribbon through it and wrapped the ends behind the background card stock.
Inside:

Here I cut a strip of Mirri to form the bottom border & then fussy cut 3 hearts from the printed card stock to add to it.  The center portion was simply a second lacy heart outline cut from Mirri with a stamped message added in the center ("Special Gifts Labels Twenty-Nine").  The banner at the top was stamped in pink ink using a stamp from "Antique Valentine Tags One"

No comments: