Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, September 4, 2017

OSW3 #7 - One of a Kind


This is the last of the cards from my third One Sheet Wonder.  I had thought to stretch it to another one, but decided 7 cards was enough this time.   This is another 5" x 7" card using the Honeysuckle Artful Card Kit (HOTP).

CARD FRONT:
  • Background - The background on this one was a piece of red glimmer paper that was embossed using a Spellbinder's M-Bossibilities folder called "Framed Petite Labels".  Some of the dots look white in the picture, but that is just because of the way the light was reflected off the glimmer paper. I took a strip of black paper and ran it across under the focal.
  • Focal - The focal is two die cuts from the kit - a fancy frame and a large bee - glued one on top of the other and attached to the card.
  • Border & Sentiment - The border at the bottom is one of my two remaining strips of patterned paper from the OSW with a narrow strip of black paper glued across it.  The sentiment started as a cut-out piece, but it already had a sentiment that I didn't want to use, so I cut it out and used the outer part as a frame, glueing it to a piece of glossy white card stock.  Then I stamped the sentiment (from JustRite's "You Are The Best" stamp set) in black StazOn.  This was added with foam tape.

INSIDE: 
  • On the inside, I simply layered several scraps - my last piece from the OSW, a strip of black and a narrower strip of red embossed that had been trimmed from the piece on the card front.  Last, I added a cut out sentiment from the kit.

No comments: