Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, October 2, 2015

Christmas with Joy


I have GOT to make a box for taking pictures of my cards.  I get tired of my cards looking so much less pretty in the picture than they do in real life!  Anyway, I figure it's time to start making Christmas cards or I'll never have enough ready!  The background of this card is a printed vellum.  The challenge with using vellum, of course, is attaching it so that the adhesive is not visible.  While there are adhesives that hide themselves pretty well, the best way is to hide the adhesive under other elements. 

In this case, I created a frame out of green suede paper and glued the edges of the vellum behind that.  I also glued the vellum behind the hanging ornament.  And yes, that ornament IS "hanging from the branch" from a chain-like piece of Border Dazzles (though it is, unfortunately, not as visible in the picture as I would like! 

The ornament itself was stamped with a JustRite stamp (from their Holiday Cheer Christmas Ornaments set) and cut with a die from Spellbinder's 2010 Heirloom Ornaments die set.  I finished the look by adding some Jewel Dazzles accents.  To create the large oval one, I simply layered 2 slightly offset to fill the oval space and then centered one on top of that to give a more symmetrical look.

No comments: