Cardstock: White, 2 pieces of Red 2" X 12" (one side can be a bit shorter, but must be at least 10" wide)
Spellbinders Cutting Dies: "2010 Heirloom Ornaments", "Holly Accents", "5 X 7 Elegant Labels Four"
Embossing Folders: M-bossabilities "Imperial"
JustRite Stamps: "Deck The Halls", "Noel Christmas Ornaments", "Mix and Match Christmas Blessings"
Embossing Powder: Red, White
- Place card stock in front of you (if one edge is shorter, the shorter edge should be horizontal). Measure 7" from the bottom and draw a dotted line dividing the cardstock into two parts - lower part is 7" high & upper part is 5".
- Now rotate card stock 1/4" so 7" wide part is to your left and measure 5" from the bottom. Draw a dotted line the full 12" long at this 5" mark.
- Next, on the side that is 7" wide, draw a solid line that is 5" from the dotted line (10" from the bottom edge).
- On the 5" wide side, draw a solid line that is 6" from the bottom edge or 1" from the dotted line.
- Along the original dotted line (now perpendicular) draw it in solid from the 10" line to the dotted 5" line.
- In the bottom right corner, draw a solid line from the original dotted line to the 5" dotted line (diagonal line).
- Mark the center of this line you just drew (should be 3 1/2") and draw a dotted line from that mark to the corner formed by the crossing point of the original 7" line & the 5" line (another diagonal line).
10. Taping the two together - mirror images facing each other - use a die to cut a hole as shown below:
Now comes the fun part - decorating your card!
I made my "spinner" by stamping and embossing two smaller ornaments (red embossing powder on white paper). Glue them back to back with a thread running through the center lengthwise. Then attach the thread inside your card before gluing it together. NOTE: You will want to wrap the thread at least once around a thin strip of card stock on either end and sandwich it between the sheets to ensure it doesn't pull through!
Then I made a couple of larger ornaments embossed in red just like the smaller ones and attached them to the two inner pages of the card. Next I cut some borders using one of the Holly Accents cutting dies (I cut each strip into two pieces. I needed 4 full strips - 8 pieces after I cut them - to decorate top and bottom of all inner pages).
The front was created in layers: - a piece of white embossed with the M-bossabilities folder - a red frame cut out using the two largest dies in the Elegant Labels Four die set - an ornament cut from red and embossed with white.
Now simply twist the "spinner" and close the card so when your recipient opens the card the spinner will start to spin!