Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mother's Day

With Mother's Day coming up next month, I thought it might be time to share a Mother's Day Card.
  • The focal for this one is a 3-D Papier Tole foil die cut from Hot Off the Press and is called "Enchanted Garden." The various pieces are attached using foam tape to add dimension.
  • The background is a glittery brown that coordinates well with the frame. It is from the "Indian Summer Fall Glitter Matstack" from DCWV.  
  • Wanting to bring out more of the purple, I matted the frame of the Papier Tole on purple paper and used the same purple as a strip across the bottom of the card. (I should probably also confess that I stole a couple of flowers from another design to cover the bee in this one. It was on the left-hand side.  I just didn't like the connotation of a bee sting as a part of my greeting!)
  • The "Happy Mother's Day" is an outline sticker, but neither silver nor gold went properly with the outline of the frame, so I took a little alcohol ink (gold mixative) and ran it lightly over the top of a silver sticker to get the color the way I wanted it.
  • I used a stencil I got from Dollar Tree for the "I Love You" and colored it in with a glitter pen.
  • The final touch is a lovely silver and gold ribbon that I had on hand.

1 comment:

pennyd said...

Lovely, Cheryl! I really like the Indian Summer paper pack as well, the colors are so rich. You set off the focal beautifully, whoever receives this card will be very lucky.