Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, February 21, 2011

Gate Fold Card



Today's "method" is taking a standard card base (these started as basic 4 1/2" x 6 1/4" cards) and turning it into a gate-fold card.  Here's a scanned image of another one I did this way.


  1. To start, find the vertical center of the card front and score it.  Do the same for the back.  Fold and crease on these score lines. (I like to use a bone folder to make a good crease.)
  2. Now you have a card that meets in the middle, but it has an extra fold in the center back.  What do you do about that?  Simple - cut a piece of cardstock the same size or a little smaller than the card and glue it in place.  This makes a nice place to write your sentiment as well as hiding the crease & making the card more sturdy.  Here's a picture of the inside panel with the dark purple cardstock in place:

Now that your basic card is made, you can embellish as you like.  I often like to take a matted focal and glue it to ONE side (only) of the gate-fold card as I did with the two examples here.

2 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Wow! anything purple always catches my eye! nice job with the gate-fold and your layout design!

pennyd said...

I love gate fold cards, quick, pretty and that WOW factor! We don't have to tell how easy it is!