This takes just seconds to do, once you understand it, and before you know it you can have a whole flock of butterflies to decorate your projects. I've listed 9 steps, each with a picture so you can see clearly what I've done - but I could probably have shown it in just one or two steps. It really is simple.
1) Choose your flower.
2) Cutting in to center point, cut off one petal completely.
3) Then trim away part of opposite petal to form body of butterfly (see photo).
4) Take the full petal that you cut off.
5) Cut it in half lengthwise.
6) Round tips on the wider end for lower wings (see photo)
7) Turn them so points are facing away from you.
8) Attach to butterfly (I used double-sided tape, but glue would work, too).
9) Repeat these steps to make a whole flock of pretty butterflies!