Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, September 17, 2023

The PLUS of Ugly Papers

These cards were made from scraps that I used WITH some "ugly paper" cards - though they don't contain ugly paper themselves.

Card #1 (above):

I liked this basic layout - a square focal, and a rectangular area below that for the greeting.  It's one of my "go to" layouts.  This time, I framed the square area, and added two small pieces for my "focal".  For the sentiment area, I cut up the gold inner frame (which came with the frame you see in the square) and rearranged the pieces to form an interesting base for my sentiment.  Focal/Sentiment & frames from Hunkydory Pop-a-Topper Ladies Choice.

Inside:

I will certainly stamp something on the inside of this card when I figure out what I want it to say, but for now I just used various of the papers/card stock to create a pretty place for it.

 

Card #2:

This template was also taken from a video (see ugly paper post).  I thought I would be making it with the ugly paper too - until I used one of the pieces I would have needed on the inside of the last card!  Anyway, this one is pretty straight forward.  Narrow bits create the inner angular borders.  The tan is actually a full panel to which the other pieces are glued.  I simply added my focal/frame with foam tape, and slipped the sentiment underneath (both also from a Pop-a-Topper sheet from the Ladies Choice book.  It might be nice to add a touch of ribbon to some of these - including this one.  Maybe I will?

Inside:

Again I use the triangular piece inside - with mats and an embellishment.

No comments: