Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, September 20, 2023

HD Pearl Bouquet - Thanks a Bunch

Today's card is one of a set of five cards that I made using materials from Hunkydory's Pearl Bouquet Card Kit - from the set called Thanks a Bunch.  Here's what the set looked like - one die cut sheet, one AS (Adorable Scoreable card stock) sheet, and two "insert" sheets (which you'll see were only SOMETIMES used as inserts):

It's hard to photograph this set because the colors are soft and the pearlescent sheen creates a glare in the light.  Here's a closeup of the part in the lower right corner that has the glare on it:

And here are the 5 cards that I made with these materials (and a bit of stuff from my stash):

I made four 5x7 cards, and one slimline.  And now, a closeup of each

Card #1:

This was actually one of the last cards I made - using the last bit of the sheet of AS.  As you can see, I just had enough for a partial panel - but liked the look.  I combined it with the border strip (which I cut in half so it fit top and bottom) a focal die cut piece, and a sentiment piece - all from the set.

Inside:

Inside I simply glued a die cut frame from the set - and stamped a greeting from CCC (Crafter's Companion Compendium) sheet called Heartfelt.

Card #2:

When I was considering what to do with the focal oval you see on this card, I knew I wanted a white fancy die cut to surround it.  I looked for ovals but didn't have anything.  Then I looked at my 5x7 Spellbinders Card Creator dies - and this one (Heirloom Legacy) fit the oval shape PERFECTLY!  That is extremely uncommon for oval shapes, but I thought it looked so pretty with the AS background, the white die cut, and the oval focal from the set.  I added an oval sentiment from the set and my beautiful card front was done!

Inside:

While I could have gotten another card from the set if I had saved this for the outside of another card, I really liked it on the inside of this one.  The sentiment at the top, though it's hard to see in the picture, says "Lots of Love".

Card #3:

I'll admit that I'm not as happy with the way this one turned out - but I supposed it's not bad for using an "insert" paper to create the outside of my card.  I simply cut the paper a bit smaller than the card front & inked the edges.  Then added a circle border die cut from the set, an inked paper border from my stash, a greeting (made with my Mom's stamps & dies), and 3 flowers from my stash that were layered on top of each other.  I actually inked the center of the 3rd one, though it's hard to see in the picture.

Inside:

Another piece of the insert paper was cut to size for the inside - again with inked edges.  Then I stamped a message - again from CCC - this time the Birthday Female sheet.

Card #4:

I think this one is my favorite card - which is why you also see it at the top of this post.  This one started with a small embellishment die cut, but by the time I was done layering, it really works well for a focal.  The layers were all created using the same die set as card #2 - Heirloom Legacy 5 x 7 Card Creator by Spellbinders.  I had the oval pink AS which I had cut from the center of card #2 before gluing the white on top, but I wanted a pink background for the whole.  I went to my stash and found scraps from a HOTP paper that went great with it!  I actually had to piece the background because of the two pieces I had, neither was big enough - but you REALLY can't tell.  Obviously, most of the die cuts were from white card stock.  As a final touch to the card front, I added a ribbon and a stamped greeting (from my Mom's stamp and die greeting set).

Inside:

I used scraps from my stash to make borders top and bottom.  The die cut greeting I wanted to use on the inside really seemed to need white around it, so I die cut a piece from white card stock using a die from Spellbinders Tear Drop Circles dies.  The stamped message is again a stamp from CCC's Heartfelt.

Card #5:

The last card is actually the one I made first.  It started with a strip from the right-hand side of the AS.  It wasn't large enough to cover the whole thing, so I took part of the border of the same AS piece and glued it in place across the top - trimming a little off top and bottom so it fit the card front.  Then I took a piece of ribbon and used it to make it look like the die cut sentiment (from the set) was hanging from the top border.

Inside:

I used a portion of one of the insert papers, but a bit smaller than the card when opened.  I folded it in half lengthwise and glued just a narrow strip down the front right by the fold.  The rest of it is loose, but gluing it that way means the card opens well.  I plan to stamp a message on the inside when I know who it is going to and what I want it to say.

So, there you have it.  Five cards from this beautiful set.

No comments: