Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, September 29, 2023

September Swaps

Today I've got September swaps.  First, the swap card that I sent to my swap partner (see above).  The theme was FALL.

I knew I wanted to use the scarecrow dies that I got recently.  I cut the pieces for it from misc fall paper scraps - then wondered what I could use to go with it for a card front.  I found this "hay" paper in my stash and decided it would make a perfect backdrop for my scarecrow.  I also found some decorative pieces in my stash that I thought might go well with it - sentiments & pumpkin.  However, I soon saw that they faded into the background instead of standing out like I wanted them to.  So, I took a piece of white paper, inked it to blend in a bit, and glued it in place before adding all my decorative elements.

Inside:

Inside, I added a border of the straw paper with another embellishment from my stash.  The sentiments were stamped using stamps from Crafter's Companion Compenium (CCC) - sheets called Thank You and Thinking of You.

Materials Swap - My Materials:

The kit I sent was made up of white & green card stock, a printed wood grain (freebie from Debbi Moore - colored with distress ink so the color coordinated better, a piece of freezer paper prepared napkin, ribbons, and misc embellishments & sentiment from my stash.

My Card:

The focal is a piece of inked white paper - with leaves/acorns fussy cut from the prepared napkin and matted with green card stock.  I also matted the sentiment & embellishments.  I used double ribbon to create a border - and then a snippet of one to create an embellishment for the sentiment.

Inside:

Inside, is a border made from leftover wood grain paper, green card stock, matted embellishment, and fussy cut acorns from the prepared napkin.

Her Materials:

She included some gorgeous metallics as well as a die cut background, but I decided to save them for another card and focused on the die cuts and green piece. 

My Card:

She had sent an extra piece of white card stock which I used with inks to create a background piece for the pumpkin and the brown strip.  I also decided to flip the leaves and ink the back of them and use that side on my card.I embossed the background with my new Spellbinders 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" embossing folder called Scattered Fall.  The sentiment was die cut from a Spellbinders set called Merry Everything.

Inside:

As you can see, I used narrow leftover strips from the card front to form a border on the inside.  Then I stamped a greeting using stamps from May May Made It called Blessed Inside and Out.

No comments: