Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, April 23, 2018

Golden Touch Thank Yous

The twist & pop card I showed yesterday was made using an Artful Card Kit from HOTP called "Golden Touch"  Today's cards are also made using pieces from that kit.  Here is a complete materials list:
  • "Golden Touch" Artful Card Kit from HOTP
  • Gold Mirri Board (Hunkydory) 
  • Beaded Circles dies (Spellbinders)
  • Fair Isle Pendants dies (Spellbinders)
  • 5" x 6 1/2" card blanks
  • Foam Squares
  • ATG
Card #1 Card Front: The picture above shows the front of the first card.  I covered the card front with a black patterned paper from the kit.  Next I cut a piece of gold Mirri board just bigger than the die cut I intended to use for the focal.  Now, not wanting to waste all that wonderful Mirri board that couldn't be seen behind the focal, I die cut & embossed the center ("Fair Isle" die) and saved the die cut piece for the inside of the card before matting the focal and attaching with foam squares.  I took a piece of the included border & edged it with a narrow strip of gold Mirri board for the border on the left side of the card.  The sentiment was one of the die cuts but I matted it with a piece of gold Mirri cut & embossed with a "beaded circles" die. I attached that with foam tape & my card front was complete.

Card #1 Inside:  After covering the inside panel with a piece of patterned paper from the kit, I used the piece of gold Mirri die cut I had made when creating the front of the card for the mat for my sentiment (another die cut from the kit). Since the sentiment was more narrow than tall, I decided it needed an additional touch.  I cut a piece of black patterned paper using another of the Fair Isle dies and cut it apart so I could create the look you see in the picture above.  I used another border die piece from the kit & another narrow strip of gold Mirri to create the border on the left.

Card #2 Front: This card is a gate-fold card.  To make a gate-fold card, don't fold along the center of the card, instead score your card so the two ends meet in the middle at that fold line.  The only other thing you need to be careful about is to make sure that when you attach elements to the card front they are only attached to one side or the other - not both!  In this case I cut patterned paper just a little smaller than each panel and glued in place so it had a narrow white border.  I then centered my focal on the card front but ONLY glued it to the left side of the card.  I added a sentiment - once again making sure it was attached ONLY to the left side of the card.

Card #2 Opening:  This picture shows the card partially open so you can see the gate-fold panels.

Card #2 Inside: After covering the inside panel with a piece of patterned paper cut just a tad smaller, I added my decorative elements.  The main piece is a sentiment die cut from the kit.  I matted this on a lighter pink paper (from the kit) that was die cut & embossed using a beaded oval die.  The butterfly in the bottom left corner was another die cut from the kit.  I folded the wings up and then attached it to the card making sure the adhesive was ONLY on the body of the butterfly (not the wings).

No comments: