Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, November 12, 2023

Wolves & More

Today I have 4 more cards made from Hunkydory Little Book (LB) pages.  These are the pages I started with:


All four are from the LB of Perfect Planet.  And here are the 4 cards that I made from them:

Now for a closer look at each.

Card #1:

As you can see, the first two cards are slimline cards.  On the first, this curious buck stares out from among the leaves.  The border leaf paper is from a printed paper that coordinates with the HD Woodland Wonder kit.  The leaf ribbon is from my stash, and the greeting is a freebie cut out from a Debbi Moore set.

Inside:

As you can see, I tore the inside edges of the border paper (again the paper from Woodland Wonder) for the inside.  The stamped greeting is from Crafter's Companion Compendium (CCC) - the sheet called With Love.

Card #2:

This card is created in a similar way to the last.  The paper used for the previous card is double-sided - and I used the other side to create the borders for this one.  Ribbon from my stash & a Hunkydory greeting complete the card front.

Inside:

Again, I used the borders on the inside.  I also stamped a greeting - this time from CCC's Celebrate.

Card #3:

I call this card a Peek-a-Boo Slider Card, and you can see how to make it in my post here.   The papers are old HOTP patterns that I LOVE.  I cut the aperture through 3 layers of card stock using a die from Spellbinder's 5 x 7 Card Basics (I did NOT do all 3 layers at once - it doesn't cut that deep!).  The sentiment is cut from a colored metal sheet using the Stacked Happy Birthday die from Creative Expressions.  I used washi tape to create a frame around the aperture.

Inside:

As you open the card, a sentiment panel slides in and covers the wolf.  The sentiment was stamped using another CCC stamp - this one from the sheet called With Love.

Card #4:

Here I have a vellum covered aperture that looks through to a portion of the inside of the card.  I added a background of light blue AS (Adoreable Scoreable card stock from Hunkydory) and scraps of a patterned paper to form borders.  The sentiments are die cuts - the top one is Happy Anniversary from Creative Expressions.  The others are from Ultimate Words - Card Making Magic.

And here's the full picture on the inside of the card. 

That's 4 LB pages - 4 more completed cards.  But I am left with 3 panels cut from card #3 and feel the need to use them up.  So, I make one more card.

Card #5:

I had two darker panels & one lighter one, so I put them together to form a single panel.  To the center panel, I added glitter ribbon.  Then I looked through my stash and found some sentiment pieces to complete the card front.

Inside:

One more cut out completes the inside.


No comments: