Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, November 30, 2023

November Fancy Fold Swap Card


This month's swap card needed to be a "fancy fold" (anything other than a regular card) with a winter scene.  I decided to make it as a "Dual Side Step" card.  Previously I made this as a 4.5" x 6" card with 1 1/2" sides.  This time I made it as a 4.5" x 7" with 2" sides.  I wanted it to be sturdy, so cut it from a sheet of Adoreable Scoreable (Hunkydory printed card stock).  The basic steps for making the card are below:

Card Base: 

  • Cut card stock to 7" x 9".
  • Placing it vertically in front of you.  Starting 1" from the bottom edge and ending 2" from the top edge, measure in 2" from one side and cut your card stock.  Repeat for other side, making sure the 1" and 2" un-cut portions match the previous slice.
  • Turn your card horizontally with the 1" mark on your left.  Now you'll be scoring vertical lines between your two cut lines from the previous steps.  Measuring from the left edge, score these at 1", 2", 3 1/2", 5" & 7".
  • On the outside 2" sections, score at 4 1/2".
  • Fold along the center score lines starting from the left: mountain, valley, mountain, valley, mountain.  Fold the outside edges in a mountain fold at the card center.  Now your card is ready to decorate.

Decorating:

  • I started with a Little Book page from the Hunkydory LB of Winter Time, gluing it to a piece of card stock to increase stability.
  • Next, I cut the houses/fireworks section away from the people - trimming it to 3" wide & gluing to a piece of snowy paper from my stash.  I glued this in place on the last step.
  • Then I fussy cut the 3 groups of people.  After gluing another piece of the snowy paper to the middle step, I added the groups of people - two to the middle step and one to the back step (using foam tape behind their heads for added dimension.
  • Then I made borders from ribbon and added to either side, before adding the foiled greeting (Gemini's All the Happiness foiling stamp)

No comments: