Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, November 29, 2023

HD Christmas Classics - Christmas is Coming

 
Today's cards & tag were all made using the HD (Hunkydory) kit called Christmas Classics - the set called Christmas is Coming (along with stuff from my stash).

Here's what the original set looked like:
 

As you can see, there is a sheet of die cuts and two sheets of AS (Adorable Scoreable printed card stock).  And here's a pic of the six cards and tag that I made:
 
 
And now for a closer look at each.

Card #1:

The first two cards are slimline cards.  For this first one, I cut a panel from the AS - and then some extra border to add at the top.  This meant that I needed to trim top & bottom just a smidge so it would fit on the card base leaving a narrow border all around.  I added the focal with foam tape, and added a strip of red velvet flowered ribbon & a narrow strip of green suede paper to increase the bottom border.  I found a tag in one of my HD Essential Book of Christmas Sentiments, added some red ribbon to it, and glued it in place as you see in the picture (part of it was on foam tape so it fit with the raised focal).

Inside:

Inside, I added a narrow AS border - like I had on the front (but without the added ribbon/suede at the bottom.  As you can see, I added a tag (from the set) and called the inside complete.

Card #2:

Next up is a piece from the other AS.  I matted this on gold card stock & added a die cut sentiment (Moonstone Winter Wonderland Minis)- also from the gold.

Inside:

I found some coordinating blue paper in my stash & used it with some more of the gold to make a narrow border, then stamped the greeting using one of my stamps from my Christmas Sentiments (no brand name) stamps.

Card #3:

This card was really simple.  Starting with a cream colored 5 x 7 card blank, I cut narrow panels from the AS and glued them in place on as you can see.   I added the focal with foam tape, and used a Dazzles sticker for the greeting.

Inside:

After finding a green strip in my stash that would work for a border, I stamped a message inside the card.  Unfortunately, my first attempt stamped the message as if it were a landscape card!  Whoops!  I found another piece of cream colored card stock, stamped a message on it (Inky Antics Christmas Friends), glued a gold frame around it, and added it to the card over the incorrectly stamped message.  I was concerned you might still be able to see hints of the mistake through the card stock, so added a few stamped snowflakes (from Simply Made Contemporary Christmas stamp set)  to prevent that. :)

Card #4:

I found this set harder to work with than expected.  I had cut a piece of the AS to use as a card base, but the green on the focal pieces did NOT match the green of the AS!  While I was trying to figure out what to do about that, my Mom was working beside me using a set that had poinsettias.  She suggested I use one of her poinsettia pieces for the focal.  It worked great!  Thanks Mom!  As you can see, I matted them on a piece of gold card stock - after die cutting it using a die from Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles Two.  A tag from the set completed the card front.

Inside:

Green and gold scraps form a border on the inside.  A stamped message - using a stamp from CCC's (Crafter's Companion Compendium) Believe in the Magic - completes the inside.

Card #5:

I really like the way this card turned out.  I started with a piece of the lovely golden AS.  To this, I added a dark green grosgrain ribbon and a narrow cream colored one with gold edges.  I wanted to back the focal on a fancy gold die cut mat (Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles Two), but it was too wide - so I sliced a piece out of the middle and melded it back together.  I added a green mat that I had die cut with Spellbinders 5 x 7 Elegant Labels Four) to the card front before adding the gold matted focal with foam tape.  Finally, I added some poinsettia Dazzles stickers to the border, and a sentiment in the upper right corner (from a HD Essential Book of Christmas Sentiments).

Inside:

As you can see, I create a border using a green strip from my stash and a narrow piece of the golden AS.  To this, I added some more poinsettia Dazzles stickers (same as on the card front, though they don't show up as well in this picture for some reason).  Finally, I stamped a sentiment - one of Mom's stamps - and called this one done.

Card #6:

By this time, I had only one focal left - and it was a small one.  I also only had a small piece of AS.  So, I put them together to make this A2 sized card.  As you can see, I used the AS for a border at the bottom.  Then I added a die cut green mat (Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight), a gold die cut mat (Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Eight), and then the focal (with foam tape).  I added the "North Pole" sentiment from the set and a "It's Christmas" sentiment (from HD sentiment book) to complete the card front.

Inside:

Once again I use a couple of scraps for a border - and a stamped greeting from my no-name Christmas Sentiment Stamps.

Tag:

I had several die cut greetings left that I didn't figure I'd ever use on a card, so I put them together along with a scrap of AS border, and made this tag.  It opens up for writing to/from.

No comments: