Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, November 19, 2023

First Day in Holland - Part 2

In addition to all the windmills, Zaanse Schans had several museums.  These pages cover the rest of our time in the Zaanse Schans region.  

Page #1 (above): The background paper seemed quite appropriate as it was an old HOTP sheet with clock faces all over it.  I also added some transparency clock faces with brads & "hands" from my stash.

Page #2: 

Next up is the Weaver's House - showing what living and weaving was like in the 17th century.  The background is a dual-sided piece of card stock that I sliced in half and flipped so each half showed one side of the card stock.  As you can see, I created a punched white lacy border to run along where they joined.  The blue has information about living conditions, while the black relates to the weaving process.

Pull-Tab Pocket:

This page has a pocket behind it where you can pull out a sheet with more information about life & work in the weaver's house.

Page 3:

Here, in addition to adding the wood-like paper as a mat for the pictures, I used a picture of a sign for the title/journaling, and some misc mini metal tools from my stash for embellishments.

Page 4:

This is another gate fold page. I simply sliced the background paper in half to make the two pieces.  I also added some Scrapbooking Dazzles (from HOTP) that seemed appropriate embellishments for the bakery museum.

Pages 5 & 6 (inside the gate fold):

Close-up of center:

All work for this page was done on the computer - printing pictures as the grids of pictures you see here - and printing the title & journaling pieces.  Gluing all to a plain black background worked well.

Outside Panels:

The left-hand page was created using half a sheet of patterned paper from my stash.  As you can see, I matted the photos on a glossy brown paper (Shine Design paper from HOTP).  The right-hand page used half a small plaid background paper in colors that coordinated.  Embellishments are from my stash.

Pages 7 & 8:

Close up of Page 7:

You may notice that this page uses the remaining half sheet from the previous page.  In this case, I used a paper trimmer to cut a fancy edge - putting the narrow cut off piece along the right side.  The title is an enlargement of the signage on the picture of the museum itself.

Close up of Page 8:


As on page 2, I cut this page on the diagonal and added a white punched lace strip.  This time, the diagonal was not corner to corner, and the two pieces are NOT from the same paper. 

No comments: