Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, November 11, 2023

Nativity + Stampscapes:

 


It was hard to get a good photo of this card!  

Focal: I started with a piece of glossy card stock that had been die cut to an octagon shape using a die from Card Making Magic's Octagon Box kit. I stamped this with StazOn and a stamp from Divinity Designs' Our Savior's Birth - then added to the background with Stampscapes stamps (clouds & ground cover).  Using a piece of post-it note, I created a star shape and masked that.  Then I added multi-layers of Distress inks to create the color in the background.  The foreground was mostly colored with my Scroll & Brush markers - sometimes using a water brush to soften them.  When all was colored, I removed the mask & had a white star.  I decided I preferred it to be yellow, so added a bit of color using my markers.

Background/Frames: Using more of the dies from the Octagon Box kit,  I created the gold scalloped frame that is directly around the focal.  Using the larger dies, including the fancy inset die, I cut a brown octagon with fancy inset edges.  I cut a frame of gold (without the inset die but using the same die set) and taped it behind the brown where it shows through the cut outs.  

Assembling the Card Front: I glued the brown & gold background to a piece of white card stock cut to the same size.  This forms the base for the card front.  Next, I taped the gold scalloped piece to the focal (from the back side) before adding to the card front base using foam tape.  I found a sentiment in my Hunkydory book of Sentiments and added it with foam tape.  I set the card front aside while I completed the card base - including on the inside.

Card Base: The size of the card is essentially 6" square.  Not wanting to mess with a hinge of some kind, I simply took a piece of card stock that was 8 1/2" x 11" and folded it in half.  Then I die cut this as an octagon with the die right on the NON-FOLDED edge.  This gave me a shape that was ALMOST a folded octagon, but 1/2 short at the folded edge.  with the folded edge at the top, I stamped my message on the inside using stamps from Crafter's Companion Compendium (CCC) :

The top sentiment is from the CCC page called Magical Christmas Wishes, and the bottom one is from Believe in the Magic.

Putting it All Together: After the ink was dry on those inside sentiments, I simply glued the card front to the front of the card base.  This card was more work than many, but a special card for special people in my life. :)

No comments: