Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Monday, October 30, 2023

HD Warmest Wishes Window to the Heart - Tree Concept Cards & More


This Hunkydory set from 2014 came with a set of 4 tree concept cards in different colors.  My mother & I decided to split them, so I got two of the concept cards & she got two of them.  After the basic concept cards were made, we did some trading of the remaining pieces.  These two pictures show materials for all 4 cards. 


In addition to the concept cards, I got 5 more made from the materials & stuff in my stash:


Here's a closer look at each, starting with the concept cards.  

Card #1: 

I had thought that maybe by showing a close up of one, you might be better able to see them, but I'm not sure that it worked.  Basically, the tree aperture border pops out toward you, while the decorated poem pops back away from you & it all stands up for display.  

Card #2:

Here's the 2nd one.  I'm not sure if you can see it any better.  

Card #3:

This card and the next card are both made using the piece that was removed from the tree apertures above.  They're really long and skinny.  I chose to put this one on a 5 x 7 sized card with a slightly smaller background paper (from my Mom's stash) & decorate with some of the cutouts that came with the set.

Inside:

I simply used a strip of the background paper, another cut out, and a stamped message from Crafter's Companion Compendium (CCC) - the sheet of stamps called Believe in the Magic.

Card #4:

I used the second "removed" piece on a slimline card with a red background paper.  As you can see, I used gold ribbon to "attach" the stamped/die cut sentiment onto the page (Mom's stamps & dies).  It DID require that I trim the bottom of the tree a bit to fit on the card, but I think I like it better than the 5x7.  Another thing I did on this one was to take a small scrap of paper and add it for a "tree trunk".

Inside:

I just stamped a sentiment on the inside of this one (CCC's Believe in the Magic).  But, I might go back and see if I can find some strips of the red leftover from the front to make borders on the inside.

Card #5:

Now I got to start playing with all the left over trees.  Here I have a frame, cut from a foiled AS (adoreable scoreable printed card stock from Hunkydory) sheet.  I've backed this with a piece of green paper, and then added the tree die cut and a stamped/die cut greeting (Mom's stamps/dies).  I finished it off with a bunch of little pink Jewel Dazzles & a Pink Flower Jewel Dazzle (both from HOTP).

Inside:

Again, I just have a stamped message (again from CCC's Believe in the Magic), but will probably try to find scraps from making the front to add a bit of color to the inside.  (I left the materials at Mom's so have to wait until I get back over there to finish it!)

Card #6:

This time I combined 3 of the little tree die cuts on one card.  The green background paper (from Mom's stash) sets them off nicely.  Again, I added a "tree trunk & tree holder" from paper scraps.  I also added cutout stars to the top of each tree.  I finished the card front by adding another stamped/die cut greeting (Mom's stamps & dies).

Inside:

Inside, I have scraps from the front & some red scraps that create a border top & bottom to frame the sentiment (another from CCC's Believe in the Magic).

Card #7:

This 7th and last card, actually uses 4 of the die cut trees - 3 on the front and one on the inside.  I added some cut out flowers from the set to the tops of the trees on the front - along with strips of AS along the sides for borders.  Another of Mom's stamped/die cut greetings completes the card front.

Inside:

Inside I have another AS strip border, and the last die cut tree from the set.  Another stamped message using CCC's Believe in the Magic completes the inside.

No comments: