Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Thursday, October 19, 2023

HD Stepping Into Christmas - Yuletide Village

Today's cards come from a Hunkydory Deco Large kit called Stepping Into Christmas - the set called Yuletide Village.  To that, I added bits from my stash.  Here is what this set looked like before I started working with it:

Technically, it is designed to make ONE heavily layered focal, but I find that usually I can take the larger layering pieces - back them with something, and turn them into focals.  Then I take the smaller pieces and divide them among the backgrounds OR use them on the insides.  Here I've done a bit of both.  Here's a quick look at the 4 cards I made from this set:

Let's take a closer look at each:

Card #1:

It's hard to tell from the picture, but this card has quite a bit of dimension.  The scene itself, one of the larger of the layers is raised on 1/4-inch foam tape (thicker than I used on the other cards), then some of the people are added with thinner tape.  As you can see, I framed the scene with a die cut piece of foiled poster board, and the dark green of the background shows through behind the scene at the top.  The border was part of the Adoreable Scoreable (AS) card stock that came with the set.  I finished the card with a sentiment from the set - added with the thicker foam tape.

Card #2:

Next up, the background is pieced from the AS & a border piece that came with the set.  Then I added the sentiment, focal (this is their base layer), and smaller pieces on top of the focal - again with foam tape.

Card #3:

After setting aside what I needed for the 4th card, I had no AS left for this one - another of the larger layering pieces.  I went looking through stash and found an old HOTP printed 8 1/2 x 11 sheet that I thought would work well for the "sky".  Then, I narrowly matted the whole in dark brown, and again in rust - wrapping the ribbon around them all before adding the whole to the front of the card.  Again I added some extra pieces with foam tape.  I also added a sentiment (from the set) and bow to complete the look.

Card #4:

The final card background is again pieced from the AS.  As you can see, I then added the focal scene (the smallest of the layering pieces I chose for focals) at the bottom.  I actually ended up cutting off the bicyclist and putting him on the inside of this card.  The sentiment was actually fussy cut from the packaging that the set came in. That, plus a border piece from the set, completed the card front.

Inside:

I didn't bother to show the insides of the other three cards, because they simply had a stamped message in them.  Here, in addition to the stamped message (using one of my Mom's stamps), I created borders with the remaining pieces of AS.  Then instead of adding my extra people to the card front with foam tape, I added them here on the inside of the card.

No comments: