Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Friday, October 20, 2023

HD Winter Wishes - Robin Friends

Today I have 7 cards made from the Robin Friends set from Hunkydory's Winter Wishes kit - and a bit of stuff from my stash.  Here's what the set looked like originally:

As you can see, it consisted of a sheet of die cuts, and two sheets of AS (adoreable scoreable printed card stock).  

And here's a quick look at the 7 cards I made:

There are two slimline cards, an interlocking gatefold, a "see-through" card (circle cut out from the card front so you see through to the inside), and 3 other cards.  Now for a closer look at each:

Card #1:

This first one was pretty straight forward.  I cut the main panel from one of the sheets of AS.  Then I inked the edges and added the sentiment.  I decided I wanted a border at the top, but I didn't want the robin's head to be covered, so partially cut around him with a craft knife so he could sit in front of the border.  Then I simply glued the entire panel to the front of my card.

Inside:

I struggled a bit with what to do with the inside of this card until I went looking through my stash and found this cut out (from packaging material from something I got in a card making magazine).  So, I cut a piece of scrap from the sheet of die cuts to form a border & then added this found sentiment.

Card #2:

This was actually the last card that I made.  I found myself left with a scrap of snowfall AS.  I paired it with scraps of navy card stock, a free printable from Debbi Moore, and a cut out from a HD paper pad I mostly used up a long time ago.

Inside:

I used more of the navy & another couple of scraps from the sheet of die cuts to create borders top and bottom.  Then I stamped a sentiment - from CCC's (Crafter's Companion Compendium) sheet of stamps called Believe in the Magic.

Card #3:

This card started with pieces cut from one of the AS sheets.  Because I wanted borders top and bottom, I cut out some of the white snowy section so it would fit my card.  After taping the pieces back together, I found myself with a rather visible line where I made the cut.  Soooo, I added some silver thin-line dazzles over that line & a matching line on the other border.  It's hard to tell that it wasn't printed that way!  I added a die cut tag from the set for my focal - "attaching" it with a red jewel dazzle & adding an outline sticker silver bow.  The bottom looked a bit too plain, so I added a piece of border from the die cut sheet.

Inside:

Inside I added leftover pieces of the white snowy AS to form borders and spruced them up with border Dazzles from HOTP.  The bottom border looked really plain, so I cut a picture from the packaging that came with this set & added it as you can see.  Another sentiment stamped from the Believe in the Magic sheet, and this card was done.

Card #4:

Again I chopped out part of the snowy white portion of the AS - this time chopping more (that went into the inside of the card above).  After taping it back together, I matted it with red glimmer paper forming a thin border that matched what was already on the printed AS.  Again I added thin line dazzles to cover the cut line.  One of the die cuts fit perfectly between the borders, so I added it with foam tape to serve as my focal.  Then I kicked it up a notch by adding one of the frames from the die cut sheet - again using foam tape.  Finally, I found a sentiment in one of my HD sentiment books and added it (partially with foam tape & partially glued directly to the frame) - then finished it with 3 white Jewel Dazzles in the lower right corner.

Inside: 

I used more of the red glimmer paper for a border, but didn't have a long enough scrap from the die cut sheet to do what I wanted to form a border.  Then I thought of the ribbon I had that was white with silver edges - perfect!  I finished it with a stamped sentiment from a no name set of large Christmas sentiment stamps.

Card #5:

I often like to make interlocking gate fold cards when I have a focal with matching larger frame like I have here.  In this case, I embossed the fronts using a 3D poinsettia folder that my Mom had.  Then I simply glued the frame and sentiment to the left side and the focal to the right side - easy peasy.

Inside:

I had intended to simply stamp a sentiment on the inside and call it good (sentiment from CCC sheet called Warm Wishes), but ended up getting a streak of ink down one side where I had inked the edge of my stamping platform without realizing it.  I went looking for something to cover that mistake, and found these beautiful silver Dazzles borders - worked great!

Card #6:

This card uses some of the white snowy AS combined with some of the blue snowy AS (in other words, parts of both AS sheets).  I actually inset a circle of the blue & surrounded it with the border Dazzles before realizing that this focal freebie from Debbi Moore would fit perfectly!  The greeting is also Dazzles stickers.

Inside:

Another freebie pic - this time a square one - decorates the inside (again with border Dazzles stickers).  The stamped message is again from the CCC Believe in the Magic sheet of stamps.

Card #7:

This last card is another cut panel from one of the AS sheets with edges inked.  I cut a circular hole & surrounded it with the die cut border - the focal is actually on the inside, but you can see it through the hole.  Then I added a die cut sentiment (both from the die cut sheet).

Inside:

The focal is the last die cut from the die cut sheet.  After adding it, I added another stamped message - again from the Believe in the Magic stamp set.

No comments: