Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Sunday, January 31, 2021

Scrappy Sympathy & Birthday

Today I've got two more up-cycled cards using focals from used greeting cards, photos, or calendars - and scraps from my stash.  Both are 5" x 7" in size.

Card #1: First up is a sympathy card. The focal was cut from a greeting card and framed with black paper (die cut with Stitched Rectangle Dots & Stars die set from Crafti Potential).  The greeting was stamped with a stamp from a HOTP set called Stamp & Punch.

Inside:

This focal was chosen because it had a similar feel to the one on front - but this was a picture we took in the Chinese gardens in Sydney.

Card #2:

The focal on this birthday card was also from a used card - as was the greeting.  In person, the picture is simply beautiful with fine glitter shimmering from many parts of it.  I simply embossed the card front (Swiss Dots embossing folder by Cuttlebug) and added the two pieces I cut from the card.

Inside:

I'm not quite as happy with the inside of this one.  I cut a piece from a Thomas Kincaid calendar - the florals looked very similar.  However, being too lazy to use Stickles to add glitter to the surface to match the front, I used a clear glitter adhesive sheet I had.  It isn't nearly as nice as the Stickles would have been.  I should also have stamped the greeting (Greetings & Labels from HOTP) with a bit darker color, too.  

So there you have it.  Two more quick cards made from up-cycled materials & scraps!

No comments: