Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Purply Up-Cycling

For the last week or so I've been working to organize my scraps into a more usable system.  It took a long time, but I'm hopeful that I will now actually be able to USE those scraps, rather than just collect them!  Both cards today have a focal that was "up-cycled" from cards I received.  Gold poster board really gives it a boost.

For this first card, I only had 1 scrap piece of the fushia background paper.  I was able to cut out the center of it to add the same color to the inside of the card using a die from Romantic Rectangles Two (Spellbinders - same die set used to cut the gold poster board):

For the inside sentiment I used a stamp from HOTP's Thank You! stamp set.  This was stamped on a piece of white card that I found in my scraps that had been die cut using a die from Sizzix Bonjour Paris die set.

Card #2:

Here's another up-cycled card.  The focal sentiment was on a card I received and I thought it would look great on this deep purple suede paper.  I used a couple of dies from Spellbinders' Scalloped Labels One die set to create the mat for the focal. In real life it looks REGAL!  The background was also a scrap of purple paper from my stash.  I embossed it (Rosa by Anne Griffin - Cuttlebug) and hit it with some ink.  Frame was created using another Spellbinders' die - this one from the Radiant Rectangles set.  Butterfly was in my stash - from dollar store.

Inside:

Inside is more of the same.

No comments: