Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Scrappy Up-Cycling

After spending days organizing my MANY paper scraps, I'm now working to USE them.  I decided a great way to do so was to use up-cycled focals.  Here are 2 of the resulting cards.

Card #1 (above): The golden background paper/frame is from a wallpaper scrap!  The blue is from scraps of glimmer paper. The bird is cut from a used calendar.  The music notes are from my stash. The "Happy Birthday" is cut with a Happy Birthday Caps die from Divinity Designs (formerly Our Daily Bread Designs), and the frames/mats are cut with a Journey Rectangle Long die from Fun Stampers Journey.

Inside:

The same materials are used on the inside with the same Journey Rectangle Long dies, a die from Divinity Designs' Many Blessings stamp/die duo, and stamps from JustRite's With Sympathy stamp set.

Card #2:

This card started with pieces cut from a greeting card that my grandmother received.  The added papers are all scraps.  The gold was embossed with a Spellbinders M-Bossability folder called Imperial.  The leaves were die cut using dies from Spellbinder's Botanical Swirls & Accents.  The additional flower were made using a cream colored flour from my stash, combined with free-hand cut pieces of pink scraps.  The greeting is from HOTP stamp set called Heartfelt Greetings.

Inside:

I used more scraps to make borders for the inside. The border was cut and embossed with a die from Spellbinders Classic Postage Stamp Edgeabilities.  I backed it with scraps of the two colors of pink that had been used elsewhere on the card. The flower was made in a similar way to the one on the front - with additional leaves from my stash.

No comments: