Please let me hear from you!

This blog is for sharing a love of paper crafting. You can also check out my Pintrest pages. If you find the ideas here to be helpful, I'd love to hear from you. It is what helps make the time I put into this blog feel worthwhile, and always brightens my day. I love hearing your ideas too!

(To leave a comment, scroll to the bottom of the post. You will see how many comments there are for that particular post. Click on the number of comments and the comment window will open. Also, if you want to add a link to something, follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.)

NOTE: If you click a link from the menu (below left) and are told the page does not exist, chances are good that it's a prepared post that will post at some point in the future, so be sure to check back!

You can also click this Pinterest Button to pin pictures in the blog posts.


Saturday, January 23, 2021

Scrappy Valentine Frenzy Part 1

Today I was in a bit of a card making frenzy.  I need a BUNCH of valentine cards to send to people, and time is SHORT!  I've been throwing together what I can from paper scraps, die cuts, punched hearts, doilies, & stickers, from my stash.  I've made 10 cards in one day!  That may be a record for me - though admittedly they're quick and easy ones. You'll see several of the sentiment banners that you see on this first card.  All are made using JustRite's Antique Valentines Tags One stamp set (usually heat embossed) & matching die set called Vintage Label and Banner.  You'll also see quite a few different sizes of scallop-edged hearts cut using Spellbinders' dies from Classic Scalloped Hearts.

Card #1 (above): In addition to the banner & scraps mentioned above, this card uses some stickers from my stash & the HOTP die set called Love & 5 Hearts.

Inside:

Inside we have more of the same.

Card #2:

Here's another card made with a sticker from my stash, a sentiment from my stash (that I received in a swap years ago) and other misc.

Inside:

Card #3:

This 3rd card started with a cut-out sentiment piece from an old HOTP set.  I matted this on multiple layers.  The layer right on top of the heart doily is die cut from green suede paper.  It was die cut into a square shape with Spellbinders Luscious Labels One - then I snipped the horizontal center out to create the rectangle you see here.  The word "hugs" is from an old scrapbook set I got ages ago - not sure where.  The very back light green panel is vellum that has been embossed.

Inside:

Here I've got a die cut that was cut from the narrow background paper mat on the front of the card using a die from Spellbinders' Romantic Rectangles Two.  The sentiment is stamped & heat embossed using a freebie birthday set from Divinity Designs (formerly Our Daily Bread Designs).

Card #4:

This paper was a 6 x 6" piece I received in a paper swap some time ago.  The red is a scrap of "handmade" paper bought from Costco years ago.  The birds are stickers.  The sentiment is stamped using a Melissa Francis stamp from a Holiday Greetings set.

Inside:

Card #5:

It's a bit hard to really see what this card looks like because most of it is pink foiled paper/card stock that doesn't photograph well.  There's another sentiment creating as described at the beginning of this post.  The heart is die cut using HOTP's Love & 5 Hearts dies - the small heart is from JustRite's Vintage Label & Banner.

Inside:

The heart embellishment was created with multiple layers of hearts cut on my Silhouette with added Dazzles, and has been sitting in my stash for YEARS.

Card #6:

This old fashioned valentine focal & doily came on a 6" square card I received - complete with the little Jewel Dazzles that have been scattered around.  I chose to wrap the doily around the background paper rather than making a square.  The scrap of background paper I found matches the colors SO WELL - as does the little piece of ribbon that I added.

Inside:

This heart was a punch out from an old HOTP set.

Card #7:

I've had this focal tag sitting in my stash since I received it in a swap in 2010!  I could never figure out how to use it as when I use pink, I seldom have a dark blue with it.  I found scraps in my stash, added a few Dazzle hearts & border strip, and made it work.

Inside:

The embellishment here is another that's been sitting in my stash FOREVER while I tried to figure out how to use it.  It was created using my Sillhouette machine and Dazzles.

Card #8:

Here we have more embellishments that were created using my Sillhoutte and have been sitting in my stash for YEARS.

Inside:

Card #9:

Here's another focal embellishment that's been sitting in my stash since I received it in a swap in 2010.  It was pretty, but I never could figure out what to do with it.  It had rhinestone-type jewels on it, but I didn't want the bulk, so removed them & added Jewel Dazzles instead. 

Inside:

Card #10:

The focal on this was cut from a card I received.  I had kept it but hadn't really figured out how to use it because I didn't like the yellow bow with the other colors - so I colored it silver!  In addition to the banner (described above) that I matted several time to tie in the various colors, I added a doily & little punched hearts as you can see.

Inside:

The inside sentiment was cut from the same card that the focal on the front came from.

No comments: